Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to camp in tent for free near Cork City

Options
  • 15-10-2015 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm a student staying in Cork City. Money's scarce and almost everywhere's booked out for the next few days. Is there anywhere where I can camp in my tent? I know the guards don't like people putting their tents up in certain places. I was thinking of staying in Sandycove, but that's too far away from the city. I need somewhere as close to the city as possible, due to college. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Cork Soccer SixaSide

A quick google produces Blarney Caravan & Camping as the nearest legitimate camping location to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

It is seriously cold at nights, especially in a tent. Is there anyone you can ask to crash with for a few nights? Even try contacting the college, student services etc. Surely it shouldn't come to having to sleep in a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sounds like a tough time OP... Have you looked into hostels maybe? As mentioned it is getting pretty cold and what not..

That now or well if you really were up for camping it is a bakes as there is no camping sites close to the city.. I shall send you on two there that I know off not ligit ones..

Advertisement