Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time build

Options
  • 15-10-2015 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey guys,

This is my first ever build so all help will be greatly appreciated. Ive picked out parts which seem to be decent but then again i wouldn't have a clue. Also im not certain if all the parts are 100% compatible so if someone could check i would be very greatful.

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor €169.79
    Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard €83.50
    G.Skill AEGIS 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory €47.31
    Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive €61.14
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive €51.17
    MSI GeForce GTX 950 2GD5 OC, 2GB GDDR5 €170.99
    SHARKOON Mask ATX Mid Tower Case €59.99
    Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply €66.79
    Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer €12.99

TOTAL= €723.67

Let me know if I should make any chages or if there are any similar parts for cheaper prices as the cost is getting a bit hefty.
    On the monitor side of things I havent really looked so if anyone could link me to either a 22"/24" nothing fancy just something cheap to get me by.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What kind of games do you want to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 StephenOT

What kind of games do you want to play?

Ill be looking to play Gta, Battlefield, Ark survival evolved etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

StephenOT wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Let me know if I should make any chages or if there are any similar parts for cheaper prices as the cost is getting a bit hefty.

Ive noticed that computeruniverse prices are a bit more expensive than other websites but when P+P is taken in to account it can work out cheaper (€12 via DHL to ship all my parts for a new pc build) It might be worth checking out

Going for an i3 4160/4170 will knock off €50, as will getting a cheaper board like a H81 or B85

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

Also if you get two sticks of four gigs ram it is cheaper if you find the right conpany crucial ballistix is cheap and they run the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 StephenOT

Going for an i3 4160/4170 will knock off €50, as will getting a cheaper board like a H81 or B85

I think ill keep the i5 but would i be able to swap in a H81 with the i5? Also what brand of monitor would you recommend thats not to dear?

Just went onto pc part picker and after swapping in the H81 it says the following: "Some Intel H81 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs." Any idea what this means and if it affects me?

Some motherboards need a BIOS flash with an older chip before they'll work with newer ones.

You'd need to find the factory BIOS of a board and see if it supports Haswell refresh

Advertisement