Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filíocht

Options
  • 15-10-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭

I have studied 3 Irish poems for the Filíocht section and I am having a hard time to pick which one I should do for the JC exam. Here are the poems:

*Na Blátha Craige
    *Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa
    *An Gleann inar Tógadh Mé

Which do you think I should do? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I learnt "Na blátha Craige" in school, I don't know what the others are though.
    You should probably learn at least two poems, each with completely different themes, incase none of the themes on the paper, are in your poem.
    In Na blátha Craige, the themes are mainly d áit duchais (birthplace) , maybe try one with sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Rorok wrote: »
    You should probably learn at least two poems, each with completely different themes, incase none of the themes on the paper, are in your poem.
    In Na blátha Craige, the themes are mainly d áit duchais (birthplace) , maybe try one with sport

Also if an option comes up for any of the poems you've studied, do the one you feel most comfortable with

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Rorok wrote: »

The themes are generally Dúlra.

Sir, said none of these poems' themes have failed to ever come up in the Irish JC exam.

Yeah the ones I find easiest to hardest are as follows:

1. Na Blátha Craige The Rock Flowers
    2. An Gleann inar Tógadh Mé The Valley That Raised Me
    3. Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa Relief I will get

Advertisement