Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Rebrand Help

Options
  • 15-10-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Hoping some one can help me out.

I run an online business and have a Facebook page with 35K likes. For example its called XYZ. and my website is XYZ . ie

The business is doing very good. Recently, I was lucky enough to buy a domain name, which is brilliant and ties in perfectly with my business. So I am going to rebrand my website. I wouldn't do this but this domain name is brilliant for my business. Couldn't ask for better. Lets call my new domain name: ABC

The problem is my Facebook page. I want to rebrand it (Like UPC did) to ABC.

I actually have another Facebook page called ABC already (0 likes).

So I want to merge the XYZ to ABC page, or get Facebook to delete the ABC page and rename the XYZ to ABC. I tried to merge the page but got an error as the username is already in use (by me with 0 likes)

I emailed Facebook twice, but they haven't got back to me. I am nervous in following the guide to do it incase I mess up and loose my likes (Which I paid for about 30% of them)

I really don't know what to do. I was thinking of keeping the Facebook page and just putting up links to my new website but I think that would confuse people.

Is it possible to call into Facebook in Dublin? I checked online and there is no phone number.

Any advice or anyone been in the same situation?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

You can go to your FB page in the about section and request to change the name.

If the domain is completely different to the name, you could registsre it as a business name with the CRO so if facebook ask for any more information. I know a furniture shop with 10k+ likes and they change their name on 3 occasions from bedding to furniture and back to bedding, all using different names but under the same company

Facebook dont have a public phone line because they would have Mary calling about Kevin leaving comments on her son Johnny's halloween outfit, if you take out FB advertsing and have a decent monthly spend, you will be assigned or can request an account manager

Advertisement