Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant receive emails from some accounts

Options
  • 15-10-2015 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Folks
    Recently it has come to my attention that a few clients and associated are emailing me buy I am not receiving them. this only happens to 2 or 3 different people that are sending me emails.
    I can email them and the are able to reply buy I never seem to receive anything. They are not getting any bounce back and its not going into my trash. I have checked filters and that's not an issue.
    I run my emails through google's gmail system.

Please help!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Check the "All Mail" folder to see if the missing emails are in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Gmail has category tabs for Primary, social, promotions and what not - check these tabs.
    Also has folders that can be hidden in a drop down arrow.
    The All Mail option will show everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I run my emails through google's gmail system.

Someone may have a similar e-mail to yours and are receiving your e-mails.
    Gmail doesn't consider "." characters to be part of your name.

So sending to "s.oconnor@gmail.com" and "soconnor@gmail.com" should be the same according to google.

I frequently receive e-mails from someone with the same name, who are based in the US but I cannot forward their e-mails on to them as it comes back to me.
    Maybe consider a more unique e-mail address?

Another possibility is that you may have accidently blocked them
    Have a look in the Google settings, under the "Filters and Blocked addresses" tab, see if there's anything there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Does the address that you use end in @gmail.com or with your business domain name?
    If it's using a paid google apps account then there will be a quarantine available to your administrator, an ability to whitelist your customer's addresses, and to get a report on attempted mail delivery.

Advertisement