Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aig issued 10 day cancellation because i haven't produced logbook! HELP NEEDED

Options
  • 15-10-2015 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

HI,

I moved back home from living in the UK and imported my car. then made the mistake of going to an insurance broker in ARklow (<snip>) who made my life hell ever since. They quoted me over €900 first to insure my car (it;s a Skoda not a Maserati) and told me that that was because I held a UK license. So I went and applied for my old Irish one back...which can take up to 4 months according to the licensing authority. IT brought down the cost of insurance to "just" 540 BUT now the insurers, AIG have issued me with a 10 day cancellation of cover because I advent produced my license. This despite the fact that they have a receipt from the license place to say that I have surrendered the UK one and they are processing the irish replacement, and despite the fact that they know that it can take 4 months for that replacement. They al;so want to see the logbook - is this normal>>>>
    I do have the logbook, I was just waiting for the license to come through to send them both together....

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wicklalass

Happy ending, fortunately it seems common sense prevails and I not only have a right to apply for insurance, but that insurance will continue without cancellation. my complaint dealt with very professionally and quickly by travers & co insurance brokers. I will after all be using them in future for many insurance needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Just be sure that it is actually straightened out and not just someone in the brokers saying it's fine.

Advertisement