Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th year study

• 16-10-2015 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello, I am currently in 5th year and I aim to go for medicine. I do after school study for an hour and a half and then when I come home I might do an hour. I'm not sure is this enough to try and achieve enough points for medicine so could someone please advise me how much time I should spend on study

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I
    Whether you'll get high points depends on many factors, some of which you have no control over. With the best will in the world, some people could almost kill themselves with work and not get maximum points.

To do your best, treat the exam as a two year campaign. Chip away at subjects, a topic at a time. Don't ever try and convince yourself you understand something when you don't. Ask your teachers for help and guidance as to your ability. Do every bit of homework to exam standard and do it again if you're not happy with how you did.

You have plenty of time. It's good to get organised early.

Advertisement