Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 gantry signs sprayed over with Tags

Options
  • 16-10-2015 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I've noticed recently several Graffiti tags popping up on the M50 gantrys. In both cases the 'tag' was in 1metre tall letters and said "HFC" and obscured the information on the sign. Very helpful.
    Who is this 'talented artist' targeting the motorway signage.
    I understand the council photograph all incidences so when caught the artist can be charged with multiple trespass and criminal damage charges.
    I know visibility is important to these people but I think spraying over information signage is sad. Find a nice empty wall instead if you must deface others property. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Now if it said KFC thataway we be all happier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

A lot of taggers don't seem to be able to distinguish between art and vandalism.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They should throw the book at losers like that who obscure safety and directional signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,650 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I do like when someome puts Hammertime on Stop signs, other than that it's pure vandalism.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Or the T in front of Ramps, but neither of them obscure the sign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

you just don't understand the art man.

I've always wanted to insert an "i" into the To Let signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

you just don't understand the art man.

I've always wanted to insert an "i" into the To Let signs.

I To Let?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I To Let?

No.

Toilet. :p

I saw "AH" sprayed at the top of a STOP sign once. Nearly pissed myself laughing....but the OP is right, defacing a motorway sign is serious business. The last thing you need to be doing, when driving down the road at 120km per hour, is trying to figure out what the road signage says.

Any one caught doing it, should be taken to the morgue to see whats left of someone who is killed in a car crash. The ridiculous smacks on the wrist that we dole out for acts of vandalism are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

or the G in front of Litter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

spurious wrote: »
    They should throw the book at losers like that who obscure safety and directional signs.

They do. They give you community service and fines (honestly sending someone to jail for it is OTT. Plus with overcrowding, chances are they would spend a few hours there).

A community Gardai said they are the hardest case to address with parents. Most parents see it as harmless. They had one mother whose son was constantly done for tagging. Told the Gardai to focus on "real criminals". Most people dont see it as a serious crime

Although DCC and CIE do an excellent job at keeping Dublin relatively graffiti free. There is a fraction of graffiti in Dublin compared to a decade or so ago.

• Advertisement

Punish such mammies for their excellent parenting skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

100gSoma wrote: »
    I've noticed recently several Graffiti tags popping up on the M50 gantrys.

When are the Garda going to be asked to remove all the Grafitti they put on all the gantrys - lots of huge yellow X's scrawled poorly on all the concrete, the Metal Uprights and every electrical box along the north side of the M50 - around IKEA.

They drew them for some security operation for Queen Elizabeth's visit - but that was years ago and the yellow X's - some a meter tall are still there and ugly as ever :rolleyes:

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

tampopo wrote: »
    or the G in front of Litter

A bin near me has CLITTERIS written on it. Nice idea, poor execution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

There is a lot of arseholery that goes on with these 'artists'. What does it mean or what do they gain from putting initials on something.

Is it about art, ownership, expression or what. No, simply idiocy.

On the loop-line bridge beside the Custom House there was a Jacobs (biscuits) clock for years and years, then in the last 10 years it was taken down. The bridge looked a bit more like it would have done when it was installed, a big fook off engineering statement.

Recently the pillars of it have been painted, then some a-hole goes along a sprays initials on it. :confused: x 70000

Advertisement