Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a big problem when it comes to ordering FTTH as a new or returning customer?

Options
  • 16-10-2015 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭

My current provider is not using eir FTTH like they use FTTC so my only option is to use eir FTTH. This I would like to do but all I want is FTTH only, no phone, no evision, no mobile.  However, there is no facility to order this online.  Also I am reading about a case on other thread re ftth to home regarding a customer who is being treated atrociously,  nearly 5 weeks ordered, 2 dates for installation never fulfilled, etc etc.
    This fills me with dread so I was wondering is this FTTH a bit of a con, ie not ready yet but eir will not admit it so take orders and then fob off customers!!

Not a great start for the re branding.

Help, any concrete information would be a great help.  At the end of the day if FTTH is not yet ready we can all wait a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭swoofer

oops no reply is a very bad sign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

swoofer wrote: »
    oops no reply is a very bad sign

Best of my knowledge you can't order standalone broadband online ever. You need to call 1901 or the sales number 1800 77 37 29
    I could be dead wrong and they don't offer FTTH which I assume is their 1Gbp/s broadband, without home phone. They used to only offer fibre with the landline but you can call and ask. If you don't think you'd use it I wouldn't bother with it right now because it's like 82 euro a month. It's really expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

My current provider is not using eir FTTH like they use FTTC so my only option is to use eir FTTH. This I would like to do but all I want is FTTH only, no phone, no evision, no mobile.  However, there is no facility to order this online.  Also I am reading about a case on other thread re ftth to home regarding a customer who is being treated atrociously,  nearly 5 weeks ordered, 2 dates for installation never fulfilled, etc etc.
    This fills me with dread so I was wondering is this FTTH a bit of a con, ie not ready yet but eir will not admit it so take orders and then fob off customers!!

Not a great start for the re branding.

Help, any concrete information would be a great help.  At the end of the day if FTTH is not yet ready we can all wait a bit.
    Hi swoofer

Yes FTTH standalone without phone service is available to see if your line qualifies for this please contact sales on 1800500300 as the package is not advertised online.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks Alan.  Would you know can I keep my existing FTTC broadband until FTTH broadband only is installed?  I am very worried about FTTH at the moment so want FTTC as backup.

swoofer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

thanks Alan.  Would you know can I keep my existing FTTC broadband until FTTH broadband only is installed?  I am very worried about FTTH at the moment so want FTTC as backup.

swoofer
    Hi swoofer
    Al is off for a few days. Let me look into this and get this information for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement