Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale advice letter

Options
  • 16-10-2015 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

In process of buying a house, was advised by estate agent yesterday that the 'sale advice letter' had been sent back in late September to both Solicitors and to get onto my Solicitor and ask her to press the vendors Solicitor for contracts.. However when I called my Solicitor her PA said that there's nothing she can do right now that she can't push for contracts at this stage.. Can anyone tell me is this correct? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The day my solicitor received the sales advice letter from the EA he sent a letter to the purchasers solicitor saying:
    ...Accordingly we would be obliged to receive contracts for this transaction in duplicate, together with vouching documentation, at your earliest convenience...

He sends me digital copies of letters he receives and ones he sends so I always know where its at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Rew wrote: »
    The day my solicitor received the sales advice letter from the EA he sent a letter to the purchasers solicitor saying:

He sends me digital copies of letters he receives and ones he sends so I always know where its at.

Thanks for your reply Rew, I will contact my Solicitor this afternoon so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

They can push for contracts at any stage but often its a waste of time doing so too early as the vendors solicitor is more than likely still waiting on the bank to release the title deeds. This can take weeks and sometimes months. Still though, no harm in your solicitor to keep in contact with them and make sure you are kept in the loop.

Advertisement