Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit card used for unauthorised activity

Options
  • 16-10-2015 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello,

A few weeks ago my Visa debit card was used for 3 transactions to Sony Playstation that I did not perform nor did I give my consent to anyone to use my card. Immediatley on noticing the discrepancy I rang Banking365. Here I was informed that I needed to contact Sony Playstation directly to ask for a refund. After several correspondance with Sony they refused to refund my money stating the account that performed the transactions was unknown to them.

I completed a visa dispute form and then recieved a response from bank of ireland stating they will not refund my money.

I feel this is absolutely unacceptable. As a loyal customer for 20 years with several bank of ireland accounts - none of which are ever overdrawn or overdue that this is an acceptable response. How can my card be used for fraud and I have no protection?
    I would also add that I have never purchased anything from Sony Playstation nor do I have an account with them. This should have been highlighted as unusual activity. Also this visa debit card had not been used for any online activity in a very long time.

Please respond asap to let me know how I can further my complaint. If I do not recieve a satifactory response I will be forced to look at closing all of my Bank of Ireland accounts!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi Caher123,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards today.

Sorry to hear that we were unable to facilitate your refund through the visa debit transaction dispute form. If you would like to have this investigated further and to lodge an official complaint please sees the link here.

If there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day.

Helen

Advertisement