Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs v Jurgen Klopp (aparently) Saturday 12.45 BT Sport

• 16-10-2015 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

As I type up this post I'm listening to Guardian football weekly and they are dying to see Liverpool lose, bunch of Larndan ****!

This game mirrors the very first of Rafa Benitez, that game ended in a 1-1 draw and I suspect that will be the score line here.

The home side are missing nearly as many as the visitors with Pritchard, Son, Dier, Rose, Mason, Benteleb are all going to be missing or are doubtful.

Liverpool are without Ings, Lovren, Gomez, Hendo, Firmino, Benteke, Flanno. Coutinho is listed as being back for Saturday so I assume he is actually fit.

Spurs current form is better than Liverpool though they are only a point ahead. Recent form between these two is with Liverpool and lots of goals

10/02/15 PRL Liverpool 3 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
    31/08/14 PRL Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 3 Liverpool
    30/03/14 PRL Liverpool 4 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur
    15/12/13 PRL Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 5 Liverpool
    10/03/13 PRL Liverpool 3 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur
    28/11/12 PRL Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Liverpool

But I don't see a scoringfest this time, think both teams will be cagey for different reasons as Klopp looks to plot a way through his first game and Poch makes sure not to leave too much space for the counter attack pace of Sturridge and maybe Ibe.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

12 all, with Klopp to be sacked after the game for biting the 4th official in the leg after he gets too excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

It's nailed on to be a 5-4 classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Hotspurs of Tottenham one, Pool of Livers three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

1-1 draw. A point would be a good result away to a Spurs side in very good form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Klopp to dominate the pre-match presser, to have the most engaging touchline moments including an exasperated rant in German at 4th official and star jump at 1st goal, Klopp to make most intriguing substitutions with previously unheard of players getting called up and ripping it up, and finally Klopp to win post-match interviews with manic grins and zany mis-understanding of football cliches. 1-3 away win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I doubt a few days with a squad returning at different times would be enough to get a result. be interesting to see how he plays them, all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can see the honeymoon period (well kinda) ending here. Spurs are a good side at home and I can't imagine Klopp has had much time to work his magic just yet. Klopp got lumped with a pretty tricky start. Tottenham, Southampton and Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

5starpool wrote: »
    12 all, with Klopp to be sacked after the game for biting the 4th official in the leg after he gets too excited.

Be unlike Pool to sack a guy for biting tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

0-5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Spurs playing well and more importantly the players know how the manager wants them to play, while Klopp hasn't had the time to get his methods across.

On the other hand Spurs need to be aware of the new manager bounce as they could get stung here.

Interesting game ahead but I expect a narrow Spurs win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Is it on tv ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Rodgers left Liverpool with a very poor squad and I can't see Klopp working his magic yet. 3-1 Spurs.

Rodgers left Liverpool with a very poor squad and I can't see Klopp working his magic yet. 3-1 Spurs.

He really didn't. Underperforming but not poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Very poor squad, ah yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Nonsense, the squad is actually quite good. Rodgers, for whatever reason, had lost them it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

cjmc wrote: »
    Is it on tv ?

Yeah BT Sport

For reference I find this site great for tv listings: http://www.live-footballontv.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

I wouldn't say Klopp was left with a poor team, but they are not great either. For me, they are a quite dull team. Too many 'workers' not much flair or 'game changing' players bar Coutinho IF he's in the mood and Sturridge IF he's fully fit. Also, I think they are still hungover from the swashbuckling Suarez times. The passion and belief has taken a huge knock imo.

I wouldn't expect some magicial turnaround this season. They have a fight on their hands with the likes of Spurs, SH, WH, Everton even Leicester, to really climb up the table.

I think Spurs will be party poopers tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I think Liverpool will lose this actually. I'm not sure Liverpool will get the new manager bounce. It'll be a slow start to Klopp's tenure before he gradually restores Liverpool to sporting greatness.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Nonsense, the squad is actually quite good. Rodgers, for whatever reason, had lost them it seems.

It's not a poor squad, but Rodgers' first eleven, those he supposedly signed and or trusted and repeatedly selected are poor. It will be interesting over the next few weeks which ones of Rodgers' that Klopp sticks with and which are thrown under the German bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

3-0 Spurs and the Beginning of the end for TNO. How he got the job over Football Genius David Moyes I'll never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Klopp for the top :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

4-3 Liverpool, winning goal for Danny Ings who comes on late in the second half with a robotic leg, who then proceeds to remove it and repeatedly bash it over the head of a Brendan Rodgers scarecrow, while the Tottenham fans look on in awe, applauding Jurgen Klopp's tactical nous.

So an uneventful day in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

dfx- wrote: »
    It's not a poor squad, but Rodgers' first eleven, those he supposedly signed and or trusted and repeatedly selected are poor. It will be interesting over the next few weeks which ones of Rodgers' that Klopp sticks with and which are thrown under the German bus.

Squad is just fine, Rodgers era had come to its natural end for whatever reason. A proven strong manager can definitely get that squad moving in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Any team news / formations announced yet . ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

cjmc wrote: »
    Any team news / formations announced yet . ?

Rumour floating around that Sturridge is out and Origi will start. Team will be announced at 11:45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Squad is just fine, Rodgers era had come to its natural end for whatever reason. A proven strong manager can definitely get that squad moving in the right direction.

Out of curiosity, where would you rank Liverpool's squad in the league? Also what would count as the right direction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

my dead gambit didn't pay off and Im stuck in work. I have BT sports, is there anyway to stream that online without resorting to crappy streams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Score draw, 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

CSF wrote: »
    Rumour floating around that Sturridge is out and Origi will start. Team will be announced at 11:45

He's travelled with the squad but yeah, he's a major doubt apparently. His injury record really is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

monkey9 wrote: »
    He's travelled with the squad but yeah, he's a major doubt apparently. His injury record really is ridiculous.

I thought he was fixed in the summer. He is the new darren anderton

monkey9 wrote: »

Pearce said he's lacking match fitness and is going to be on the bench, not injured.

I don't think rodgers rushed him back but considering he was under pressure to play him to get results he had to start him, klopp doesn't have that pressure and can ease him back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sturridge not on the bench. Seriously lacking in the strikers department.

Liverpool team: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Origi.

Substitutes: Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Allen, Teixeira, Ibe, Sinclair.

Some injury list: Sturridge, Benteke, Ings, Firmino, Henderson, Gomez, Lovren, Flanagan

Could almost make a decent team out of it!

Benteke

Sturridge----Firmino
    Ings

x
    Henderson

x---Lovren----Gomez----Flanagan

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sturridge is out the spurs must be confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

FFS Sturridge. We need a bulletproof striker again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

rob316 wrote: »
    Pearce said he's lacking match fitness and is going to be on the bench, not injured.

I don't think rodgers rushed him back but considering he was under pressure to play him to get results he had to start him, klopp doesn't have that pressure and can ease him back in.

That's what I read . Don't think Sturridge is fit enough for the sort of pressing Klopp is looking for yet. Better to bench and bring on later then have him bust a gutt from the off as Klopp would demand and banjo himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

That's what I read . Don't think Sturridge is fit enough for the sort of pressing Klopp is looking for yet. Better to bench and bring on later then have him bust a gutt from the off as Klopp would demand and banjo himself.

He's not even on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That's a weak bench. Where will the goals coming from today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He's not even on the bench.

Minor knee problem. It's all precautionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Looking at that starting eleven it will take a miracle to beat Spurs today. It really strikes home how much money Rodgers wasted when you see that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Tusky wrote: »
    Sturridge not on the bench. Seriously lacking in the strikers department.

Liverpool team: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Origi.

Substitutes: Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Allen, Teixeira, Ibe, Sinclair.

Some injury list: Sturridge, Benteke, Ings, Firmino, Henderson, Gomez, Lovren, Flanagan

5 players who can play up front (Sturridge, Benteke, Ings, Origi and Firmino) and only Origi is fit and available to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Looking at that starting eleven it will take a miracle to beat Spurs today. It really strikes home how much money Rodgers wasted when you see that team.

injury list: Sturridge, Benteke, Ings, Firmino, Henderson, Gomez, Lovren, Flanagan

theres 3 possibly 4 first teamers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    injury list: Sturridge, Benteke, Ings, Firmino, Henderson, Gomez, Lovren, Flanagan

theres 3 possibly 4 first teamers.

Sturridge, Benteke, Firmino, Henderson and Gomez = five first teamers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well that's Klopps excuse for any defeat and a fair one, its how they play that's more important today.

That starting 11 well able for spurs, Moreno is the weakest link in the back 4 and he's not bad at all. Can & Milner do the leg work ahead of Lucas, coutinho supplies lallana & origi. Today's team allows coutinho as a deep 10 and allows lallana further forward.

Liverpool win by a goal IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

TNO could do a job up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

0-0

And I think we'll be lucky to score 0 with the striking options atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't see past a Spurs win. Klopp has only had a few days with the squad and it'll be over the longer term that his influence is felt.

6 injuries 5 are starters but don't let that get in the way of a good story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Some serious Kloppsturbation by BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not liking the new "Klopp Till We Drop" idea by the players, resulting in a lot of injuries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement