Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are eircom / eir such a incompetent misleading useless bunch of lying muppets?

Options
  • 16-10-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

...and this is not directed personally at any of the reps on this site but why oh why is this organisation such an incompetent misleading useless bunch of lying Muppets...

For the last two years you have been lying and misleading people on e-fibre rollout. Publically promising rollout dates for exchanges, with great fanfare. Getting people to sign up for or renew contracts based on the imminent delivery of e-fibre, rarely, if ever delivering on time or at all.

Personally you have previously moved the promised upgrade date for my exchange on multiple occasions. The latest delay from Q3 of this year to Q1 of next year. Today I notice you have changed it again from Q1 2016 to “Within a Year”. In the meantime I pay for up to 24 megs and receive less than 1.....

Your utter incompetence at an organisational and strategic level is really crippling our economy outside of major urban areas….. I am so utterly sick of your organisation and the stranglehold it has on the infrastructure of this country…..

So my direct question to the reps – can you publish a list of exchanges that you have promised an upgrade and not delivered on the promised date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

agreed. 

SIRO and UPC cant roll out quick enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

...and this is not directed personally at any of the reps on this site but why oh why is this organisation such an incompetent misleading useless bunch of lying Muppets...

For the last two years you have be lying and misleading people on e-fibre rollout. Publically promising rollout dates for exchanges, with great fanfare. Getting people to sign up for or renew contracts based on the imminent delivery of e-fibre, rarely, if ever delivering on time.

Personally you have previously moved the promised upgrade date for my exchange on multiple occasions. The latest delay from Q3 of this year to Q1 of next year. Today I notice you have changed it again from Q1 2016 to “Within a Year”. In the meantime I pay for up to 24 megs and receive less than 1.....

Your utter incompetence at an organisational and strategic level is really crippling our economy outside of major urban areas….. I am so utterly sick of your organisation and the stranglehold it has on the infrastructure of this country…..

So my direct question to the reps – can you publish a list of exchanges that you have promised an upgrade and not delivered on the promised date.

Hi irishgrover

I'm sorry to hear this and obviously apologies are clearly in order for the delays in bringing eFibre to your area.

I'm afraid we will be unable to follow your request to publish a list of exchanges where delays have occurred. Such internal information on eirs' infrastructural and network will not be available for release of public request.

While I do understand your frustration with this I can confirm that promises cannot be made in an official capacity as all plans and dates are subject to change. You will notice that there is no mention of fibre plans or roll out in the conditions or terms of existing contracts.

On the efibre rollout map (https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/) there is a message located above it stating: This map is an illustrative guide only and not a guarantee of availability. For precise results, use our eir fibre availability checker.

In saying this, I do understand your disappointment and I will ensure to pass on your feedback to eirs' operational departments.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

eir: Alan wrote: »
    On the efibre rollout map (https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/)
    A bit ironic Alan that when one clicks on the link posted by you the result is..."Service Temporarily Unavailable"

I actually had a good chuckle at that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

muffler wrote: »
    A bit ironic Alan that when one clicks on the link posted by you the result is..."Service Temporarily Unavailable"

haha. I thought you were joking :pac:

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    haha. I thought you were joking :pac:
    No joking allowed on these very serious forums ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Its definitely a company you CAN NOT trust.

Sorry about that muffler - seems to be an issue, you can find it on eir.ie

Cheers for highlighting that :)

Al

Al
    No probs Alan. I guess someone has been tinkering with it as Im now getting this apologetic message....

"Sorry, something went wrong
    We can’t seem to find the page you’re looking for…
    It might have been moved or deleted. If you typed the URL in the address bar, please double-check that you typed it correctly"

I'll mosey over to the main site and have a look as advised :)

Cheers muffler

Maybe try copy/paste the link itself - Also, check out the open eir site, it's has a much better map, here's the link (if it works) : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Alan,

thanks for responding. As stated in my original post, none of this is directed at you, or your direct colleagues on the support team. I understand that you have no control or influence on what happens and you are left to clean up the sh!t and deal with people like me.

However I would like to comment on some of your feedback. You state the the website clearly says "This map is an illustrative guide only and not a guarantee of availability. For precise results, use our eir fibre availability checker.". I would contest that this comment/disclaimer is directly related to informing customers that having an exchange enabled for fibre does mean all lines serviced by the exchange will be efibre enabled.

I don't think that this disclaimer is protection against the fact that for the last 2 years the majority of the information on this map has been purposefully misleading.

In the last 24 hours you have moved the the installation date on the majority of the exchanges in the country!!!
    Over the next few days many people will notice and be furious. You have been sharing this information with the public and pretending it was factual. You have been doing this for promotional reasons, for brand reasons, for customer retention and expansion reasons. When a potential customer visits your website they look at the map and believe what they are being told. When a apotential customer uses online chat you send links to it. When a potential customer phones up, one of the selling tactics used by your sales team is to inform them that their exchange is due to be upgraded soon and they actually refer the potential customer to this map as proof. The culture of Eircom employees thinking that it is ok to mislead and falsely advertise is just shocking.

If you and your organisation really believe your statement "I can confirm that promises cannot be made in an official capacity as all plans and dates are subject to change", then I would strongly suggest that you just take the f*(king map off the website. According to your own admission it is now, and always has been, nothing more than a misleading fabrication. At no time, since you began to publish this map has even 50% of it been true. It is self evidently false advertising.

Enjoy the weekend.....

• Advertisement

Cheers muffler

Maybe try copy/paste the link itself - Also, check out the open eir site, it's has a much better map, here's the link (if it works) : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

Al
    It is a nicer "Looking" map but unlike it's name (where and when) suggests it does not actually give any useful information for the majority of it's users, insofar as it does not actually provide any information on the "When" bit. You can deduce or hope that blue colour (in progress) indicates within 24 months, but that's about it, and that's not a promise so should not be trusted. Maybe it should be renamed to something more accurate like "where-now"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Hey IrishGrover,

I experienced the same thing with Fibre rollout, was told February when I signed up last Xmas, it was eventually rolled out this summer, and even I had signed up to receive a notification when it was rolled out to my area, I never received this notification.

My main issue now is that I have to sign a new contract, which I was told nothing about when I did initially sign up. The "rep" said it would happen automatically... fool me once, shame on you... not again.

I'm currently weighing up my options to either just sign up, or wait and change provider. Life is too short to be spending hours on the phone to Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

Hi Irishgrover,

I am sorry to see you had such a bad experience with Eircom, now Eir.
    Unfortunately I have been blocked from multiQuote on this site so I can't quote you,

ComReg Fined Eircom €2.5 million last January, Maybe this article will give you some idea of what you are dealing with,
    http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/comreg-warns-eircom-over-line-faults-and-weak-internet-30939130.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Still waiting on fibre myself having signed up and paid for and been told it wont be long I have 2-5 mb speed which is pathetic,after telling UPC to feck off for constant billing issues and claim i owe them money when i do not they are forgiven,I even had a call from UPCS/Virigns solicitor and he even agreed that it was a common mistake and not to worry,sorry i did not record the call but he did say he would call me back again as a standard practice to resolve the issue,this time the call will be recorded and everyone will see it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭tuch

Hi irishgrover

I'm sorry to hear this and obviously apologies are clearly in order for the delays in bringing eFibre to your area.

I'm afraid we will be unable to follow your request to publish a list of exchanges where delays have occurred. Such internal information on eirs' infrastructural and network will not be available for release of public request.

While I do understand your frustration with this I can confirm that promises cannot be made in an official capacity as all plans and dates are subject to change. You will notice that there is no mention of fibre plans or roll out in the conditions or terms of existing contracts.

On the efibre rollout map (https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/) there is a message located above it stating: This map is an illustrative guide only and not a guarantee of availability. For precise results, use our eir fibre availability checker.

In saying this, I do understand your disappointment and I will ensure to pass on your feedback to eirs' operational departments.

Thanks
    Al
    This justification for the provision of knowingly false information to the public is actually quite shocking and outrageous.

Do you think that the use of sly misleading disclaimers like "no mention of fibre plans or roll out in the conditions or terms of existing contracts" and 
    "an illustrative guide only" and "not a guarantee of availability" justifies the publication of this map which is not only deliberately designed to mislead about fibre rollout but also contains deliberately false information about the availability of broadband and fibre. By the way you forgot to add " live should not be taken as indicative of live" to your disclaimers.

I don't think that this disclaimer is protection against the fact that for the last 2 years the majority of the information on this map has been purposefully misleading.

When a apotential customer uses online chat you send links to it.  When a potential customer phones up, one of the selling tactics used by your sales team is to inform them that their exchange is due to be upgraded soon and they actually refer the potential customer to this map as proof. The culture of Eircom employees thinking that it is ok to mislead and falsely advertise is just shocking.

........ I would strongly suggest that you just take the f*(king map off the website. According to your own admission it is now, and always has been, nothing more than a misleading fabrication. ......... It is self evidently false advertising.
    Well said irishgrover

Hi Alan,

thanks for responding. As stated in my original post, none of this is directed at you, or your direct colleagues on the support team. I understand that you have no control or influence on what happens and you are left to clean up the sh!t and deal with people like me.

However I would like to comment on some of your feedback. You state the the website clearly says "This map is an illustrative guide only and not a guarantee of availability. For precise results, use our eir fibre availability checker.". I would contest that this comment/disclaimer is directly related to informing customers that having an exchange enabled for fibre does mean all lines serviced by the exchange will be efibre enabled.

In the last 24 hours you have moved the the installation date on the majority of the exchanges in the country!!!
    Over the next few days many people will notice and be furious. You have been sharing this information with the public and pretending it was factual. You have been doing this for promotional reasons, for brand reasons, for customer retention and expansion reasons. When a potential customer visits your website they look at the map and believe what they are being told. When a apotential customer uses online chat you send links to it.  When a potential customer phones up, one of the selling tactics used by your sales team is to inform them that their exchange is due to be upgraded soon and they actually refer the potential customer to this map as proof. The culture of Eircom employees thinking that it is ok to mislead and falsely advertise is just shocking.

If you and your organisation really believe your statement "I can confirm that promises cannot be made in an official capacity as all plans and dates are subject to change", then I would strongly suggest that you just take the f*(king map off the website. According to your own admission it is now, and always has been, nothing more than a misleading fabrication. At no time, since you began to publish this map has even 50% of it been true. It is self evidently false advertising.

Enjoy the weekend.....
    Thanks for you feedback irishgrover

I'll make sure this reaches operations.

Al

Hi Alan,

Over the next few days many people will notice and be furious. You have been sharing this information with the public and pretending it was factual. You have been doing this for promotional reasons, for brand reasons, for customer retention and expansion reasons. When a potential customer visits your website they look at the map and believe what they are being told. When a apotential customer uses online chat you send links to it.  When a potential customer phones up, one of the selling tactics used by your sales team is to inform them that their exchange is due to be upgraded soon and they actually refer the potential customer to this map as proof. The culture of Eircom employees thinking that it is ok to mislead and falsely advertise is just shocking.

Enjoy the weekend.....

Al
    Thanks Alan,
    and to re-iterate, none of my disappointment or hostility is directly or indirectly pointed at you or your colleagues on boards. I know that you have a thankless job and bare the brunt of the frustrations caused by "higher up" people who never had to deal with a.) customers or b.) the  fallout of their incompetence.  
    thanks again
    PS: I'm sending you a pm 

Hi Alan,

Enjoy the weekend.....

Al
    Thanks Alan,
    and to re-iterate, none of my disappointment or hostility is directly or indirectly pointed at you or your colleagues on boards. I know that you have a thankless job and bare the brunt of the frustrations caused by "higher up" people who never had to deal with a.) customers or b.) the  fallout of their incompetence.  
    thanks again
    PS: I'm sending you a pm 
    No problem irishgrover

You're kind to say that.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Al
    Alan
    I have sent you a PM
    Steve

Cheers Steve,

I will need to get some clarification on this and most likely I will not have further news on this until at least later this afternoon or tomorrow morning - I'll get back to you as soon as I can though.

AL

• Advertisement

Cheers Steve,

I will need to get some clarification on this and most likely I will not have further news on this until at least later this afternoon or tomorrow morning - I'll get back to you as soon as I can though.

AL
    Anything on this Al?
    Keen to know what the story is
    Steve

Steve F wrote: »
    Cheers Steve,

AL
    Anything on this Al?
    Keen to know what the story is
    Steve
    Just got back to you now Steve F

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So good or terrible news usually the latter.........

So good or terrible news usually the latter.........
    Unfortunately not good:mad: 

Advertisement