Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Despair with zooplus delivery - any alternative suppliers of Luposan?

• 16-10-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone know a reliable supplier of Luposan or a good alternative I can get from someone other than zooplus?

I am in the middle of a complete nightmare with zooplus - the courier is fibbing about not being able to deliver to my office (he always complains about having to come up the steps to the front door) and is putting deliveries down as "refused delivery due to damage" but there has been no attempt to deliver (we are a very small office so I am sure). The delivery company never answer calls or respond to contact and zooplus just keep responding with a pro forma reply offering a refund or to reorder and obviously doing nothing about complaining to the courier. 4 TIMES I HAVE TRIED TO GET MY ORDER and have just reached the end of my patience especially as they are now CHARGING for deliveries. Sorry for shouting, they are driving me mad. Any alternative suggestions welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

A good alternative would be Yumove. Has green lipped mussel like Luposan. You can get a large container on Amazon.

They have a stronger version called Yumove Advance which you can get on animeddirect.co.uk

Made by Lintbells.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

http://www.vetuk.co.uk is another alternative for stuff like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Nody wrote: »
    URL="http://www.vetuk.co.uk"]http://www.vetuk.co.uk[/URL] is another alternative for stuff like that

I get all our cat stuff .. Zylkene, Cystaid, Feliway etc. from them and they deliver by normal mail IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 Lykke

A local alternative is here http://holisticpet.ie

Hope this helps

Lykke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭greengold9999

Thanks a mill - good to have alternatives even just to price check every now and again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Viovet - equine america glucosamine 10,000 ASU for horses, cheapest way to get the same ingredients (its banana flavour but I've used it on everything from lurchers to spaniels with no problems)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭morgana

Set the deliveries at zooplus.de to DHS - then it will be delivered with An Post - our main reason to choose DHL, as couriers are so hit and miss.

Could you order a large container of Luposan only from zooplus.ie and use Parcel Motel if it was handy?

Could you order a large container of Luposan only from zooplus.ie and use Parcel Motel if it was handy?

Could do but that is then another cost - I think zooplus should sort themselves out really and if they cannot I am not inclined to give them more business

Could do but that is then another cost - I think zooplus should sort themselves out really and if they cannot I am not inclined to give them more business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Just pick the other courier option zooplus? If your problem is with say DPD use DHL instead or vice versa? i've had probs with DPD a couple of times...and it's down to the delivery driver because the mailroom guys in work have had the same problem! I always pick DPD though because the depot is in the next business park to work lol!

One of things I like about DPD with Zooplus is that I get a text in the morning giving me a one hour timeframe when it'll be delivered. Don't get that with DHL/An Post.

Also I find the tracking online with DPD more accurate.

I think if it was me I would be on to the manager in the local DPD depot.

I find email responses from Zooplus poor - almost a copy/paste job every time - either they don't understand or not bothered. Phone calls to Zooplus are more effective I think.

odckdo wrote: »
    One of things I like about DPD with Zooplus is that I get a text in the morning giving me a one hour timeframe when it'll be delivered. Don't get that with DHL/An Post.

Also I find the tracking online with DPD more accurate.

I think if it was me I would be on to the manager in the local DPD depot.

I find email responses from Zooplus poor - almost a copy/paste job every time - either they don't understand or not bothered. Phone calls to Zooplus are more effective I think.

That's a really good idea getting on to the depot. I love the texts/emails too from them if it's going to the house so I'm/my mum isn't on alert all day waiting for a knock on the door and afraid we'll miss it. I'm lucky with my job now - they have a dedicated mail room and goods entrance and they mail everyone when we get personal packages. The odd time I order something heavy I drive around and the guys put it in the car for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 FandangoRanger

Your issue is with the deliverers so you should try the other option presented and not blame Zooplus for the problems. You should also complain to the courier company about the lazy driver.

I was amazed at the fact that DPD would email, text and finally phone me shortly before delivery--an excellent service but I don't know if that's their policy nationwide.

I was amazed at the fact that DPD would email, text and finally phone me shortly before delivery--an excellent service but I don't know if that's their policy nationwide.

It depends where you are tbh - some of them are big operations and some seem to be fanchised out to smaller ones. Eg the one I work near (in Dublin) is a full on depot in an industrial estate - I see the branded/DPD vans all the time. Another one I deal with for work deliveries for some products from a huge multi-national vendor route through what seems to be a small family business down in Athlone with a plain white van who are always a bit shocked when I order a pallet load of stuff and call asking me if I'm expecting it and is it ok to deliver it lol - "Just keep them coming!" is always my answer :pac:

Advertisement