If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a 43 - 48 tv and sound system please

Options
  • 16-10-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a new tv 43 to 48 inch screen and a sound system. It's for an averaged size sitting room (5m x 4m approx.). I don't fancy curved screens or 3D, I'll need smart capability alright.

I'm not even sure if I should opt for a soundbar / subwoofer or an amp with speakers.

I won't be needing anything top-end (price wise that is). Just good value.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi molzer, thanks for your post

For in and around a 43", a few models worth looking at

Samsung ue43j5500 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201304-ue43j5500.aspx at €549 with 6 year warranty and delivery included
    LG 43LF630 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201217-43lf630v.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab at €649 with 6 year warranty and delivery
    Sony KDL48w705 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201311-bravia-kdl48w705cbu.aspx at €699 including 6 year warranty and delivery

Of these, the Sony is a cracking screen and well worth the extra money in it

If you wanted a larger screen, there again are a few options

Theres an entry level 50 from Hisesne, the 50d36 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201487-hisense-50d36.aspx at just €479 including 6 year warranty and delivery. This is actually a really great screen at the price

If you can have the speakers around the room, having a proper 5.1 system is the best way to do sound for your TV, if you watch a lot of movies etc. There is a great deal on the Yamaha RXV377 at the minute of just €269 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200458-rxv377.aspx, which paired with the likes of Tannoy SFX 5.1 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-100504-sfx51.aspx -  at €249 would be a great combo for you

If you want to go for a soundbar, you are better at least going with one with a seperate sub, just to give a fuller sound on movies in particular. One worth looking at is the Sont HTCT80 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201317-sony-htct80.aspx at  €159 - a good entry level soundbar.

At the other end of the scale, one which blows away just about every other soundbar under €1000 is the Q Acoustics M4 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200641-m-4.aspx at €449 - there just isn't anything comes close to it.
    There are lots of choice on amps and speakers/soundbars, so if theres anything else grabs your eye, drop me a post and I'll get back to you on them

Cheers
    Brian

molzer wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm in the market for a new tv 43 to 48 inch screen and a sound system. It's for an averaged size sitting room (5m x 4m approx.). I don't fancy curved screens or 3D, I'll need smart capability alright.

I'm not even sure if I should opt for a soundbar / subwoofer or an amp with speakers.

I won't be needing anything top-end (price wise that is). Just good value.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Hi Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was swaying more towards the 43 inch as I thought the 48 would be a little on the bigger side for my room and stand. The 43 is not a whole distance away fron the 48 price wise and I've always liked sony, coupled with your strong recommendation of the sony I'm seriously considering this. Is that or a similar spec sony available in a 43 and if so how much?

This will be replacing a 5 year old sony Bravia 40 inch which has 3 inches of a plastic round it, I know the newer one will have about one inch so I could manage it alright I reckon!

I read some reviews of the q acoustics m4 ; seems really impressive, I'm not really set up for a 5.1  I had a sony 5.1 system before but it is tricky to get it right when the room, tv location, seats etc are not quite located as ideally as they could. I think that m4 would do the job grand,

I need you to quote for the 48" sony plus m4 delivered to co kerry, also include the 43" as an option if available.

Thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I was swaying more towards the 43 inch as I thought the 48 would be a little on the bigger side for my room and stand. The 43 is not a whole distance away fron the 48 price wise and I've always liked sony, coupled with your strong recommendation of the sony I'm seriously considering this. Is that or a similar spec sony available in a 43 and if so how much?

This will be replacing a 5 year old sony Bravia 40 inch which has 3 inches of a plastic round it, I know the newer one will have about one inch so I could manage it alright I reckon!

I read some reviews of the q acoustics m4 ; seems really impressive, I'm not really set up for a 5.1  I had a sony 5.1 system before but it is tricky to get it right when the room, tv location, seats etc are not quite located as ideally as they could. I think that m4 would do the job grand,

I need you to quote for the 48" sony plus m4 delivered to co kerry, also include the 43" as an option if available.

Thanks again
    Hi Molzer.

The Sony's really are great televisions and there is no soundbar around the price of the M4 which even comes close to it.

The best price on the M4 and the 48" sony would be 1139 Euro (Includes delivery)

There is no 43" in the same version as the 48".

The 43" Sony would start at the 43W755 priced at the same as the 48" at 699.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201391-bravia-kdl43w755cbu.aspx
    The 755 version use the NEW android operating system. The 48" runs at 200Hz where are the 755 in 800Hz.

Best price on this with the M4 would come in at the same 1139 Euro (Including delivery)

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 molzer

Thanks Brian,

Basically the choice boils down to a sony 43" 800hz with android versus  the older 48" with sony smart system and 200hz.

Considering the size wasn't a big deal the big question is which tv to go for? I'm conscious of you recommending the 48" sony initially so I'm sure it will be perfectly adequate but should I sacrifice the 5" for the 800hz and android? 

What do you think?

Thanks Brian,

Basically the choice boils down to a sony 43" 800hz with android versus  the older 48" with sony smart system and 200hz.

Considering the size wasn't a big deal the big question is which tv to go for? I'm conscious of you recommending the 48" sony initially so I'm sure it will be perfectly adequate but should I sacrifice the 5" for the 800hz and android? 

What do you think?

Hi Molzer.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I had been off yesterday.

Both are great screens.

The android screen does operate a lot faster it terms of the smart side of things.
    It depends how important they maybe to you.

Although I do feel the 43" would be the better TV overall if you don't mind the drop in size.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny:( ,

I think I'll go for the sony 43", I'll hold off on the soundbar for the moment. I'm spending a bit more than I intended on the tv (typical of me) and the M4 is also a bit more than I intended to spend so need to wait a little bit. In any case I want to hear the new tv on it's own first.

I'll order it from you website later seeing as I'm not getting any boardsies discount :( 

Thanks for the advice, really enjoy reading your stuff on boards.

Hi Kenny:( ,

I think I'll go for the sony 43", I'll hold off on the soundbar for the moment. I'm spending a bit more than I intended on the tv (typical of me) and the M4 is also a bit more than I intended to spend so need to wait a little bit. In any case I want to hear the new tv on it's own first.

I'll order it from you website later seeing as I'm not getting any boardsies discount :( 

Thanks for the advice, really enjoy reading your stuff on boards.
    Hey Molzer.

No problem at all.

I'll keep my eye out for the order coming in and have it dealt with quickly.

Sorry I couldn't offer any discount on the screen.

Hi Kenny,

That's ordered now,

The price seems to be the same all over the web on that tv; the 48" (€699) however mentioned in the earlier part of the thread i saw in a bricks and mortar shop for €899 the other day :eek:

Thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Kenny,

That's ordered now,

The price seems to be the same all over the web on that tv; the 48" (€699) however mentioned in the earlier part of the thread i saw in a bricks and mortar shop for €899 the other day :eek:

Thanks again
    Molzer,

thanks for the biz - its much appreciated!

At lease with our price you get the 6 year warranty and delivery included - but €899! jeez, that's stretching it a bit okay :eek:

Keep us posted and thx again,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Tv delivered - thats fast, 

looking forward to setting it up later, Thanks guys.:D

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

No probs, enjoy :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.