Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 31), Oct 16-19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

got to love the FAI, I get finish all the first division games at the same time, but to have 4 clubs that usually play Friday at home & move them to Saturday & up against NZ/France in the rugby world cup.... :rolleyes:

Ah least there seems to be a good Youths crowd coming... third year in a row welcoming the champions on the last day. Who do we bribe so we are home to ourselves next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

overshoot wrote: »
    Ah least there seems to be a good Youths crowd coming... third year in a row welcoming the champions on the last day. Who do we bribe so we are home to ourselves next year?

50 on the supporters bus, more travelling by car. All overnighting in Ballybofey, along with 34 players, coaches and staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

1st home game in 50 days and I cant make it (10 of our last 14 away) and RTE show it.....expecting massive crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pats Drogs match is a pretty good watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

City are too busy thinking of the cup final apparently to be bothered focusing on the mundane matter of tonight's ****ing match. Totally asleep and look like they couldn't be arsed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You're battling relegation and that's the kind of tackle you put in?! Lovely penalty. Now if Galway could take the lead, that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The ineptness of Neil Doyle will never surprise me. He's basically robbed Drogheda of a goal there with that ridiculous free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Drogs score :(

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Just turned it on. Useless defending. Open header, on the 1 yard line so to speak? Terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

YES, YES AND ****ING YES!

Massive result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

YES, YES AND ****ING YES!

Massive result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Dundalk and Cork doing us no favours. Cheers Pats. Getting tighter at the bottom every week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Jesus these next few weeks will kill me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pretty dire game in Oriel tonight. Few changes for us and we looked a bit disjointed in the final third. We had the ball for most of the night and hit the post twice but Galway defended well for the most part and will be delighted with their point. Drogs V Longford next week should be a cracker for the neutrals.

Oddly entertaining match tonight, New St Pats taking shape nicely.

Annoys me to think about what could have been had Fagan been fit for the season, shame to see him with another LOI team next year. Easily best striker in the league.

Annoys me to think about what could have been had Fagan been fit for the season, shame to see him with another LOI team next year. Easily best striker in the league.

Drosg keeper easily winning Player of the season imo, every week he pulls that **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

Town town town town town town,town town town town,town town town town!what a ****in result! Get up those steps

The journey to Harps begins :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jaysis you're starting early!!

Do I want to ask what you've planned for the 8hrs in donegal before the match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dreamers75 wrote: »

You on a wind up or is he genuinely moving? Dundalk or Rovers would kill for a player of his quality

doncarlos wrote: »
    You on a wind up or is he genuinely moving? Dundalk or Rovers would kill for a player of his quality

Unlikely to be with Pats next year, can only see Dundalk or Rovers affording him. Hope its england tho :D

If Rovers and Limerick and Sligo win tonight, it will be a fun end to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sigh....such a soft equaliser again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What a joke we have become. Played off the pitch by a bunch of part timers with nothing left to play for.

We deserve our fate. Limerick will overtake us on the final day after a comfortable win. Our only hope is Drogs losing to Longford and Shams, leaving us with a playoff, in which I wouldn't be confident either.

Derry did us & Drogs a huge favour tonight.

Had a couple of hours to kill this evening in Dublin so went to the Shels game. Their number 4 (Robbo, I think they were calling him) played like Franz Beckenbaur in the first half. Looked really composed at the back and hit about five raking crossfield fifty yard passes that found their man every time. Looks a really good player. Decent enough game. Wonder if any premier division clubs are sniffing after him.

Shels should have scored four or five while Cobh missed a peno. Poor Shels number 10 got dogs abuse all evening from the home crowd and reacted in the second half which made things worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pighead wrote: »
    Had a couple of hours to kill this evening in Dublin so went to the Shels game. Their number 4 (Robbo, I think they were calling him) played like Franz Beckenbaur in the first half. Looked really composed at the back and hit about five raking crossfield fifty yard passes that found their man every time. Looks a really good player. Decent enough game. Wonder if any premier division clubs are sniffing after him.

Shels should have scored four or five while Cobh missed a peno. Poor Shels number 10 got dogs abuse all evening from the home crowd and reacted in the second half which made things worse.

Was English not number 10? Class player, very popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Oat23 wrote: »
    What a joke we have become. Played off the pitch by a bunch of part timers with nothing left to play for.

We deserve our fate. Limerick will overtake us on the final day after a comfortable win. Our only hope is Drogs losing to Longford and Shams, leaving us with a playoff, in which I wouldn't be confident either.

"Bigger and better things"

CSF wrote: »
    Was English not number 10? Class player, very popular.
    I don't know what his name was to be honest. He was getting stick for not winning any of his headers when the ball was hit up to him. Was about seven or eight lads in the main stand giving him grief and he eventually turned around and told them to fcuk off. Your wee number 12 looked tidy when he came on. Grimes I think.

• Advertisement

Who or what is this Shels you speak off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They're the Pride of Ringsend and Dublin's undisputed No.5

Got a well-deserved pasting off Finn Harps last night, by far the better team that day. BJ Banda looked excellent, far ahead of most his age.

Very nice of Ollie Horgan to come into the hotel bar with the Youths supporters afterwards to say hello. Youths players also made a presentation to the fans of a wooden version of the crest signed by all the players.

Best of luck to all in the playoffs.

Who or what is this Shels you speak off?
    You'll know all about team in 2017. You'll also be acquainted with strange beasts that go by the names of Cabinteely, Waterford and Cobh Ramblers. Poor Pats.

Got a well-deserved pasting off Finn Harps last night, by far the better team that day. BJ Banda looked excellent, far ahead of most his age.

Very nice of Ollie Horgan to come into the hotel bar with the Youths supporters afterwards to say hello. Youths players also made a presentation to the fans of a wooden version of the crest signed by all the players.

Best of luck to all in the playoffs.
    cheers lad, hopefully see ye next year! Crowd was a bit disappointing tonight tho. Badly missed our drummers! Ye were in fine voice.
    Was Banda's home debut, still only 17. Got him from Letterkenny Rovers for the u19s. We have a good coach in there who has really attracted in some good players. He is definitely a real talent, made a joke to one of the lads before the game that overhaul Tagbos scoring for the year! Half way there now, why didnt i put money on it!

You'll know all about team in 2017. You'll also be acquainted with strange beasts that go by the names of Cabinteely, Waterford and Cobh Ramblers. Poor Pats.

the new Pats...

Derry are the first team of the bottom bunch to be mathematically safe with the win.

• Advertisement

Uh Huh current Under 19 champions, currently top of both under 17 and 19 leagues.

We be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Ridiculous that our match this weekend was played last night instead of Friday.

At least it's another season we survived....

Uh Huh current Under 19 champions, currently top of both under 17 and 19 leagues.

We be grand.
    I'm guessing most of those u19 champions will be first teamers next year after the winter exodus so we'll be seeing a lot of them in 2016.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Ridiculous that our match this weekend was played last night instead of Friday.

At least it's another season we survived....
    our worst attended game of the season by 55 (and thats nearly 100 off the next worst)... mind just boggles! 4 teams that play friday games and stick them up against the world cup. All they had to do was move our kick off up 15mins and all the games would have started at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

overshoot wrote: »
    our worst attended game of the season by 55 (and thats nearly 100 off the next worst)... mind just boggles! 4 teams that play friday games and stick them up against the world cup. All they had to do was move our kick off up 15mins and all the games would have started at the same time

:confused:

World Cup was last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

World Cup was last year.

I think everyone knows he was on about the rugby world cup.

<facepalm>

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The important World Cup was last year.

FYP

I'm guessing most of those u19 champions will be first teamers next year after the winter exodus so we'll be seeing a lot of them in 2016.

Yup not really an exodus thos, few players time to move so on they will move.

Gonna need a striker tho, other than that fairly decent team.

Oat23 wrote: »

I don't think Drogheda will pick up another point and would probably lose the playoff, them and Limerick are probably gone.

It would be slightly amusing after all these years if Rovers were denied a clear penalty by a Dublin referee for Drogheda to stay up at Sligo's expense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick are losing momentum, and the players are just tired.

If we play like we did against Derry, we'll get nothing out of Rovers.

And given how we have played on the two occasions we've had a chance to get off the bottom (Bray away and Derry home) I wouldn't fancy much out of a trip to Sligo.

Drogheda might well not get another point though, so there is still hope.

Advertisement