Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurence question.

• 16-10-2015 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all, today I got my insurence renewal letter in the post :(

It says " we are delighted to confirm that after checking multiple insurers we have secured a best quote of 640.78 which is inclusive of 50.00 for administration charges and 25.00 for legal expenses and personal accident cover. Your existing underwriter a offering a premium of 980.49"

Quite simple, is my insurence costing me 640.78 or 980.49 this year?
    It's my first time renewing insurence in Ireland here so sorry if this is a silly question.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Also, you don't have to accept this: "25.00 for legal expenses and personal accident cover", its an additional service they have added on without telling you - just call them up and ask them to remove it if it's cover you don't feel you need. That will reduce your premium to 615.78

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Also remember, you will be switching insurers, so ask them to outline any differences in cover (bonus protection, windscreen, breakdown assistance, driving of other cars etc. ) from what you have already

Advertisement