Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System fan failed press F2 to continue?

Options
  • 16-10-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Getting this message on startup, checked all the fans 4 in case and cpu/psu fans all working ......this was a HP microtower that I moved into a new case over a year ago, only getting this fault message now......from searching on the net for results I have removed and resest the battery but I cannot get in the bios to alter fan check.....pressing esc, F10 or ctrl F11 is not working, only pressing F2 works which loads up windows .....anyone have a solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You need to get into the bios before this error comes up. Check the motherboard manufacturer website for how to get into your specific one but the most common keys are F10, Delete and F12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Yep but it just won't go into the bios ...it's F10 on mine....I've tried F11 and escape for boot menu, can see the load screen then as it goes to entering it cuts to this black error screen, won't load......have also reset the cmos jumper pins same result

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

If one of the old fans is slowing down it might be causing the failed alert.

If you look up the service manual for the Microtower, does it tell you which is the appropriate fan connector on the motherboard and can it be swapped with one of the other fan's cables?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Yep there are 2 connectors for CPU and system fan....anyhow I've got around this by pressing ctrl + F10 after pressing F2, this shows up a hidden option that you don't see by pressing F10 alone.....the option of disabling CPU or system fan check, I disabled the latter problem solved!

Advertisement