Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting in the Mater A&E...

Options
  • 16-10-2015 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the jungle.

I knew when I heard one drughead say to another outside the entrance as I walked in "I let you into my empire and you do this to me" - to which the other fella says "What's this about an empire? Answer me one thing: why are you calling it an empire?..." (he was not going to let up on that word) that there'd be no shortage of entertainment.

Got a seat across from 3 well-fed, black-haired women with ponytails, each wearing a coat covering their pyjamas. I wasn't there a minute before a guy was marched in in handcuffs reminding me that Mountjoy is across the road.

Then a little blond-haired kid in a green "Turtles Rule!" t-shirt about 4 decides to go over and touch this random girl who's about 3 and his Ma roars across A&E: "Alex, get away from that girl!". Hehe - good man, Alex. Then a woman with a hardened face storms in the door and looks at me and says "those fúcking arseholes!" pointing behind her, as she kept walking, to our very own Adam and Paul outside the door fighting about an empire.

Alex's auld wan is going nuts at this stage and tells him that some poor innocent guy waiting next to her "knows yer Dad and he'll shoot him if you don't stop!". Unperturbed, Alex keeps going and she screams "Stop running!". So he stops, gets down on his knees and starts crawling across the A&E floor which he's still doing.

Another prison officer with a slew of handcuffs walks in to check his colleague is OK, while Adam and Paul (one of whom has at least a very broken arm) keep coming in from their smokes outside only to be told they can't continue smoking inside the hospital. They leave, come back 10 minutes later and seem surprised when they are told again they can't smoke in the hospital.

Not bad going, Dublin for 4:30pm on a weekday!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

I was there in March some fella was walked in in handcuffs and went straight into a room to be seen :angry: prisoners shouldn't be seen to first imp. They should wait in cuffs with the gaurds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I was there in March some fella was walked in in handcuffs and went straight into a room to be seen :angry: prisoners shouldn't be seen to first imp. They should wait in cuffs with the gaurds

Yeah good one, have a prisoner in a public waiting area where anyone can come in and give them anything they like on the sly. Arrange at your next visit to do something and be at the hospital at X time and meet your missus there with some drugs. That's going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Collect 100 convictions and get priority access to all Dublin hospitals at no extra cost!

Nobody gets excited about extras.... Unless they're mountjoy extras

Advertisement