Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 6 | Episode 2 | JSS [AMC] [SPOILERS]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Morgan said it to Carol earlier in the episode.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I really enjoyed it, who wrote the A in blood on the porch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

pc7 wrote: »
    Yeah, that was the puzzler I guess. It was hardly there from years before? Did that girl kid mark the houses for the invading crazies?

granty1987 wrote: »
    Actually scratch that, someone said here that next weeks episode is 90 minutes long so, the walkers will def be making hay in Alexandria. We are still overdue a Morgan recap
    I don't find Morgan that interesting TBH, I hope not.
    They seem to have free reign on episode length this season? Makes a nice change that they can tell the story more or less as they like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Yeah, that was the puzzler I guess. It was hardly there from years before? Did that girl kid mark the houses for the invading crazies?

The 'A' was from the hand stamp that Jessie's kid was using back at the party, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭CiaranW

Last half of previous season up to now have been great.
    Keep up the good work.
    Nearly at season 1 standards again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Is anything in the discussion between Karl and the girl, where she mentioned there were lots of hiding places in the compound and then said something like "that's how we..." but didn't finish the sentence. Only for the fact the group are so weak I would think they took the compound from the wolves? possibly they took it with the wolves help and then someone got them out.

I think one of the wolves said something like "you don't belong here", but they seems kind of crazy so maybe they are killing all humans in some twisted ideal that the world now belongs to the walkers.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I think she said something along the lines of "there are too many blind spots, that's how we..." -talking about when her and Carl snuck out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MOD:

Thread is for tv discussion only. Please do Not mention comics as there are potentially spoilers

Reminder, use spoiler tags if you are unsure

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

maximoose wrote: »
    The 'A' was from the hand stamp that Jessie's kid was using back at the party, no?
    It looked like it was in fresh blood so that's why I was thinking was it a map or some guide for the wolves, maybe not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

It looked like it was in fresh blood so that's why I was thinking was it a map or some guide for the wolves, maybe not

Sam was sitting on carols porch holding the stamp at the start of the episode.

Loved the whole "smoking is going to kill you" thing, which is pretty much what got her killed :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Jessie's youngest son had the stamp in his hand when he was sitting on Carol's porch (and Carol gave one of her pep talks)

This was the same stamp that he put on Rick the night of the party, and when Rick walked past the happy Family all showing their "A" Stamp.

Jaysus lads I wonder sometimes do ye be watching the show at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

I think she said something along the lines of "there are too many blind spots, that's how we..." -talking about when her and Carl snuck out.

Yep, unfortunately I think people are reading all manner into this conversation and thinking it meant something about Enid working with the Wolves.

Bear in mind Enid already has a fella, so maybe Karl isn't too comfortable talking about them sneaking out, maybe he wanted to concentrate instead on protecting his baby sister from the machette wielding maniacs outside, or maybe he's just not good at the whole girlfriend thing having spent puberty stabbing his mother in the head, killing a Woodbury resident at point blank range or fending off a hairy rapist and watching his dad go at said rapist like you would do the plastic film on the top of a microwaveable meal.

WealthyB wrote: »
    Jessie's youngest son had the stamp in his hand when he was sitting on Carol's porch (and Carol gave one of her pep talks)

This was the same stamp that he put on Rick the night of the party, and when Rick walked past the happy Family all showing their "A" Stamp.

Jaysus lads I wonder sometimes do ye be watching the show at all :pac:
    Ah grand... I just don't see the relevance of it then. It means nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

Ah grand... I just don't see the relevance of it then. It means nothing at all.

yes this. Why bother focussing on it then? Also like Enid with the bunch of keys, it just rose suspicion for me. why show it if we're not to take something from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

snowgal wrote: »
    yes this. Why bother focussing on it then? Also like Enid with the bunch of keys, it just rose suspicion for me. why show it if we're not to take something from it?

Didn't she say something along the lines of 'I'm leaving & I won't need these [keys] anymore''

It was just a four minute backstory of a mysterious girl....that's all. The walking dead is about telling tales of survival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

The poor tortoise :(

The poor tortoise :(
    I know they're slow n all, but eating a tortoise with your bare hands is pretty f**king badass. Wolves usually give up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭naughto

If ye watch the talking dead it explains it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

CiaranW wrote: »
    Last half of previous season up to now have been great.
    Keep up the good work.
    Nearly at season 1 standards again!

I know season 1 was great but I think people go overboard about it sometimes and don't put it in perspective.

The thing is it was the first season & the whole introduction to these vicious walkers had a bigger impact and now that we are accustomed to them and they don't shock us as much anymore. Also we were only getting to know characters and the survivors were only accustoming themselves to the new world so emotion and death had a bigger impact. Less characters to accomodate also so we get a better insight into their personalities during episodes. The city action also helped.

I don't think you can compare later seasons on a lot of aspects to that pilot season to be honest for such reasons.

Also there were only bloody 6 episodes. We now have almost 3 times the amount of episodes during a season so it is expected later seasons episodes are to be comparatively slower & there is going to be a lower amount of drama during the episodes and more build up to big events.

My favourite season ranking

4b, 3b, 1, 2b, 3a, 2a, 4a, 5a, 5b,

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hopefully Ron dies soon. Any character who is too petulant to try for safety in the middle of middle of a raid by deranged psychopaths just because a girl he likes is in the same house as another boy his age doesn't deserve to live. Hopefully the herd will eat him or something.

5starpool wrote: »
    Hopefully Ron dies soon. Any character who is too petulant to try for safety in the middle of middle of a raid by deranged psychopaths just because a girl he likes is in the same house as another boy his age doesn't deserve to live. Hopefully the herd will eat him or something.
    Another bit annoyed me to hell. Guy in tower taking (awful) pot shots at bad guys. Then when he gets down he's too chicken to do anything? Maggie should've at least smacked him in the mouth and taken the AR15...

credit to Ron, without him they wouldnt have come across the quarry and the truck would've collapsed unbeknownst to them.

Also you cant blame him for wanting to know where his da was buried!

But yeah, he is an annoying kid!!

• Advertisement

credit to Ron, without him they wouldnt have come across the quarry and the truck would've collapsed unbeknownst to them.
    Last season I was convinced the town walls were like Fort Knox (although the supports were on the outside, which made no sense) but this season they look like papier mache some kids threw together. Last season's fence and those walkers are no problem!

Also you cant blame him for wanting to know where his da was buried!

But yeah, he is an annoying kid!!

No, they heard the walkers in the quarry where they were debating whether to bury the father (like Morgan wanted) or not (like Rick wanted). They only saw Ron at the top of the quarry when he was being chased by some walkers, so he wasn't even useful for that. He's just another idiotic teenager which seems to be a specialty of FTWD, but has a few members on the main show too.

He's just another idiotic teenager which seems to be a specialty of FTWD, but has a few members on the main show too.
    That and seemingly every last southern state American who has a gun allergy surviving how many years of zombie apocalypse now? :D

No, they heard the walkers in the quarry where they were debating whether to bury the father (like Morgan wanted) or not (like Rick wanted). They only saw Ron at the top of the quarry when he was being chased by some walkers, so he wasn't even useful for that. He's just another idiotic teenager which seems to be a specialty of FTWD, but has a few members on the main show too.

Ah I thought I remembered them hearing Ron getting chased and thats how they found him at the quarry cliff.

Ah I thought I remembered them hearing Ron getting chased and thats how they found him at the quarry cliff.

No, they heard the moaning from where they were. I'm not sure why they needed to go that far away with the body in the first place, but that's besides the point.

• Advertisement

That and seemingly every last southern state American who has a gun allergy surviving how many years of zombie apocalypse now? :D

Probably 1 and 1/2 years at most. Season one was only a week long for example. We meet Rick 60 days into outbreak.

I think the episode when Abraham beat the cr*p out of Eugene was circa 500 days since outbreak or something and the remaining episodes are only over the period of a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Good episode I thought. Truck must be full of walkers, why else try drive it into the wall when all the other wolves were already inside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭nc6000

naughto wrote: »
    If ye watch the talking dead it explains it

What does it explain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

No, they heard the moaning from where they were. I'm not sure why they needed to go that far away with the body in the first place, but that's besides the point.

Not only that but at the town meeting when discussing the quarry did one of the Alexandrians not say they knew about it when they were out searching for supplies etc , think it might have been the new dude with the cool hair :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

nc6000 wrote: »
    What does it explain?

It usually runs through the episode and discusses various talking points. Good watch if you get the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Was it just me or was Maggie's accent far stronger (more Southern) in this episode? It was annoying me every time she spoke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Was it just me or was Maggie's accent far stronger (more Southern) in this episode? It was annoying me every time she spoke!

Noticed it too. It seems to go in and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Yeah, she does seem to 'chew' on her words a bit, if that makes sense....it's always bugged me a bit tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Best thing I've seen all day! :P
    Also didn't get the JSS stuff, hoping it's explained later.
    Same for the stamp that looked like blood, it just seems so... unimportant to focus in on if that's all it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

JSS stands for "Just Survive Somehow". Enid wrote it on the note she left for Carl. It's a mantra she kept telling herself while she was roaming around alone.

Advertisement