Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 - Mod Note in OP, 14/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Only worry from that game is Benteke. He improved near the end but still didn't do nearly enough, he had one shot on goal all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Happy enough with that.

Just wished I had cashed out on paddy power at 11/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Benteke makes me miss Erik Meijer...

Extra game now.

That game should have been taken care of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Only worry from that game is Benteke. He improved near the end but still didn't do nearly enough, he had one shot on goal all game.

Would have scored from it only for a great save from the keeper !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FT 2-2

Great cup game in many respects

Now the moan should not be "oh no! A replay all we need"

Its

"yay"!

Play the kids again - all of them next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Extra game now.

That game should have been taken care of.

1612706-34251748-2560-1440.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Pretty dumb to bring Lallana and not put him on when we're losing.

That was really awful from Bogdan. Didn't even get close to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I think that team will win comfortably in the replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No hamstring injuries in this game there must be something wrong with Klopp's training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well then, interesting game to say the least. Hopefully the last time we see enrique and bogdan anywhere near lfc from now on, id put fulton on the bench from now on tbh.
    Thought smith and tex were the standouts down the left hand side, brannagan too was tidy at times. ilori had a few good moments but then also complletely missed headers too, was gassed after an hour interesting to see if he plays again wednesday. Dissapointing stuff from benteke again too, a game clear as day where he was playing for his lfc career and he done zilch. I want more from our 32 million pound striker than wanting countless crosses pumped into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

"Thanks for talking to us"

"Well, I had to"

I <3 Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Not sure why keepers are the only players that are expected to play once every 2 months and be completely up to match sharpness every time.
    Big **** up from Bogdan mind you.

Not sure what the criticism is about. Nobody said he should walk into the team ahead of Mignolet, but that we may as well give him a go for a few games and see how it goes, because Mignolet is such a liability. Making a mistake in your 1 game after about 3 months is hardly reflective of his overall quality. Presumably whoever is next into the sub-keeper meat-grinder will be written off when he makes a mistake as well.

It's irrelevant anyway. I can't imagine that we won't be getting a replacement in.

Decent game that.

Not too worried about the return leg. We'll just send out the infants again. Shouldn't have an impact on the overall fitness of the squad.
    The pitch was atrocious as well, so hopefully the Anfield surface will be more conducive to them upping the quality of play a bit.

Teixeira looks a cut above them. Think his best bet would be to go to the Championship at the end of the season. I reckon he'd do well there.

Some looked a little bit like lower level players - the likes of Kent and Randall don't look like they have the finesse of many of their peers.

Good that they got a run out, we didn't have to play anyone who's expected to start against Arsenal and we're still in the competition. Thumbs up all around.

I couldn't put it better myself. Danny;)

• Advertisement

"Thanks for talking to us"

"Well, I had to"

I <3 Klopp

As Gary said. " you got to love Jurgen Klopp"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not a bad result for the young fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I couldn't put it better myself. Danny;)

Yeah Danny the legend who scored a load of winners against Utd getting a lot of stick probably because he's stating the obvious and I guess he dared to question Klopp.

Yeah that was unacceptable by Bogdan. Awful attempt

Gbear wrote: »

Some looked a little bit like lower level players - the likes of Kent and Randall don't look like they have the finesse of many of their peers.

Kent is really highly rated but is very young even by the standard of most of the others and is still pretty light. Randall I don't think will ever be good enough unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah Danny the legend who scored a load of winners against Utd getting a lot of stick probably because he's stating the obvious and I guess he dared to question Klopp.

The man is a legend in my eyes. Few Liverpool players brought me as much pleasure as him.

The Lalanna thing was ridiculous though. If it was an Irish player and an Irish commentator we'd be screaming green-tinted glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I think that team will win comfortably in the replay.
    Yep. I was only really worried when we were panicky and started playing to Exeter's level. It was encouraging that the team were able to see this and settle themselves and grab the equalizer. I think lessons will have been learned and in they haven't been, I am sure Klopp will be ramming them down their necks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Thought Kent was decent tbh. Ilori shiowed alot of potential played very well before he got cramp. Smith,Brannagan,Teixera & Ojo all did well. I thought Sinclair was poor despite his goal. Bogdan & Benteke were awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Kent, Tex, Ojo had good games, Smith by far our best player tonight really should be starting more first team games.

Pitch was ****e, you can't play football on it, i'd think on a better pitch with a half decent ref that same team would beat them in the replay.
    Kinda felt sorry for Benteke tonight, almost completely devoid of service so not really his fault, still does'nt change my overall opinion of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Yeah the mountains of goals and assists he normally provides might have made a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Lallana was warming up, we then scored and ilori emptied. Would have been thick to bring on lallana, don't think he can even play centre back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I actually like listening to Danny Murphy. Seemingly i'm in the minority.

Yeah, cracking player for Liverpool he was. It was sad to see him leave at the time, but you know, Xabi Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kent is talented, but he tried far too much; either because he was nervous or because he's not as good as he thinks.

He takes far too much out of the ball and seemed to shoot with irritating irregularity.

Promising enough though.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I actually like listening to Danny Murphy. Seemingly i'm in the minority.

He has become a lazy hack very quickly, when he started out he was decent but they can't keep it up it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Benteke was actually much better when we moved further up the pitch and supported him instead of just kicking the ball at his head.

Benteke was actually much better when we moved further up the pitch and supported him instead of just kicking the ball at his head.
    Couldn't get any worse than the 1st half. He will be sold in the summer. Not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Smith continues to impress, serious challenger for the left back spot.

Kent looked lively but tried to force it too much. Sinclair I rate and took his goal well, would like to see him play more and sort his contract.

Ojo changed the game I felt, provided genuine pace and width to stretch their defence.

Ilori I can't judge he played for the first time this season, he will feature more no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ohhhhhh Joe ! He looked sharp/
    Pace and power and what seems to be a brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just pissed as Liverpool are costing me more money with these replays as I signed up for the auto cup scheme and get a ticket, must see if i can flog it as I will not be able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Ojo needs to be utilised . His pace is electric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

retalivity wrote: »
    Benteke makes me miss Erik Meijer...

Why? Benteke did nothing wrong tonight and he got feck all service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Happy with tonight. I want to stay in the FA Cup. For the replay Smith can be left back with Ojo in front of him. Kolo should be back to play with Ilori. Right back, I was giving Randall a chance before but he did nothing tonight. Would risk him over Clyne though. Origi should be back and can replace Benteke. If Henderson is back in the first team team Allen can play midfield. I'd give Tex another outing.

We'll have more options for the replay and Exeter will be happy with the trip to Anfield plus the gate receipts!!

Still in the running for top 4 and 3 cups really can't complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

murpho999 wrote: »

Couple of decent crosses in the first half and he was nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

But this is the problem no one on the pitch tonight knew how to play with a target man because without sounding like a broken record.... He does not suit the style of play employed across the club at any level. This was hammered home tonight.

He is proving detrimental to the first team as all our other players are looking for the run in behind which he does not make. Firmino is been criticised alot but firmino had volland to play off at his last club not a standing statue.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Couple of decent crosses in the first half and he was nowhere to be seen.

Do you really expect him to get to every single cross?

It doesn't work that way.

Ojo could be a very useful player off the bench. Smith was also excellent.

There were a few moments when he raised his arm as someone like Randall or Kent had the ball wide but he was ignored almost everytime!

Now that speaks poorly of the wide players but it also maybe tells us something about what the squad (even the kids!) thinks of whipping in balls to the "big man". The academy are taught expressly to keep it on the floor, you rarely see a ball launched in the U21/18s unless its over an opposition back line for a sprinting forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Do you really expect him to get to every single cross?

It doesn't work that way.

I know how it works.

I'd expect him to be in the box when the cross comes in, not hanging around on the edge of the box. He improved in the second half but saying he did nothing wrong is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Pato?

Buy all the Brazilians.

Lucas Moura next :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

SlickRic wrote: »
    Kent is talented, but he tried far too much; either because he was nervous or because he's not as good as he thinks.

He takes far too much out of the ball and seemed to shoot with irritating irregularity.

Promising enough though.

So you would prefer him to be crap on a more consistent basis throughout the match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

For all of Benteke's lack of movement, the most infuriating part for me is the type of balls played up to him. It's not just tonight, it's most games, the ball is played up high and hard to him and he loses control or a defender can win the second ball even if Benteke wins the initial challenge. Or else the ball is just lobbed into him when he is near the box. I would love to see players whipping a ball into the six yard area for players to attack rather than floating it aimlessly into the box hoping an attacker can somehow generate power and direction to score.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I know how it works.

I'd expect him to be in the box when the cross comes in, not hanging around on the edge of the box. He improved in the second half but saying he did nothing wrong is wrong.

You're also forgetting this was a new team tonight who have had feck all time together.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement