Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 - Mod Note in OP, 14/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

They're defending reasonable well but we're not really creating much. Apart from Origi hitting the bar, I can only remember lallana with a scuffed shot.

Good first half all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Great opening half hour but we're out on our feet.

Can it be sustained for 90 minutes with the inexperienced bench??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Can we start some sort of petition to have Skrtel replaced on January 1st? Awful defender and nothing but a liability nowadays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Can it be sustained for 90 minutes with the inexperienced bench??

Teixeira and Sinclair will bring bundles of energy if they get on.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

obligatory post to subscribe me to the thread
    Jurgen Klopp - hes fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Love the pressing and desire. Distinct lack of quality up front but we are decimated with injuries so it's expected.
    Clyne and skrtel are all over the place, they aren't used to playing in a back 4 so there is room for improvement as a pairing.

Sakho is an absolute beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm surprised we started that well. Not surprised they ran out of fuel so quick, though. This could quickly turn into 2-0 down in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Spurs dominating. Lallana and milner disappearing. Only Can, Coutinho and Origi attacking. Moreno v poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Mig as kept us in it in that first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sakho,Lucas & Lallana been very good. But Skrtel & Milner have been poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Klopp and the players will have to look at when and where we have to press. Team were tired after 30 minutes of pressing everything. Spurs had an easy 15-20 and created quite a bit.

An ok display but we never look dangerous going forward really, Origi isolated a lot of the time and silly mistakes are still there understandably.

A 0-0 draw would be a nice base to start on. A point against Spurs in this form would be far from a disaster.

i dont know what milner is supposed to offer tbh. Lallana either.

Spurs dominating. Lallana and milner disappearing. Only Can, Coutinho and Origi attacking. Moreno v poor

Moreno is brainless, quite worried about how awful he is positionally and defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Havent' really shown a whole lot different yet.

I reckon it'll be a while before we can say that we're seeing Kloppball.

Particularly if we've no fit attackers (again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Origi not sticking his head on the rebound looks worse every time I see it.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sakho,Lucas & Lallana been very good. But Skrtel & Milner have been poor.

Lallana? Anonymous IMO, done little of note apart from an awful mistake in front of our back 4 that led to a big Spurs chance.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Origi not sticking his head on the rebound looks worse every time I see it.

Tried to chest it down I think, wishful thinking, never going to get that time and space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lallana has been good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    Tried to chest it down I think, wishful thinking, never going to get that time and space.

I've been impressed with him apart from that. Would like to see him running at their defence a bit more though.

• Advertisement

Sakho: "I'll just clear it myself every time, will I?"

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Origi not pressing from the front , hasnt being holding ball up enough to bring midfield close to him and further up the pitch.

Skertle looks shaky

We are pressing but not holding onto the ball , not keeping possession very sloppy passing

Lallana has been good.

Need more than a few tippy tappy passes and turns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

We're really missing Charlie Adam, Aspas and Gerrard obviously.

moreno is a liability. dreadful signing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That'll do - a moral victory in the circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I dunno, for a first game i thought it was a good display

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

A meh, fortunate draw - I'll take that ahead of the hiding we would probably have gotten without recent changes.

Happy with the result. An ok display, solid start and a decent base to build on.

Good start. So many players out, away to Spurs. Clean sheet. Good pressing. Confidence.

Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Sakho, migs and can were immense. Encouraging stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just some context, the last team to play at WHL was beaten 4-1...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Vicxas wrote: »
    I dunno, for a first game i thought it was a good display

Considering the injury list and how light we are up front I thought it was massively encouraging. If you had Benteke up front in the sort of way we played today I think we would have been a totally different proposition going forward.

When was the last time we kept a clean sheet with four at the back ? :pac:

What I dont understand is playing players out of position. Can as a CM, Ibe coming on but not as a WB? Strange moves by Klopp.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very pleased with a clean sheet, first in 9 games.
    Very pleased with a draw considering the forward players that were unavailable.
    Good effort, pressing and overall shape looked good considering he has had only 3 sessions.

Pleased that I could watch us play and not actually vomit at some of our defending. Lots of work to do obviously but a good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Didn't realise kloop was so tall. Towering over our defenders at d end. Decent draw away to spurs all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Injuries, about 4 days with the players, tough away fixture. Nothing wrong with a 0-0 with 3 home games on the trot to come.

NukaCola wrote: »
    What I dont understand is playing players out of position. Can as a CM, Ibe coming on but not as a WB? Strange moves by Klopp.......

He'll need more time with Bogdan on the training pitch before unleashing him in his natural trequartista role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Other than the players everybody else has mentioned, I thought Origi did ok for a fella that hasn't really played a lot in the PL. Lallana showed a bit more today too than he normally does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

You could hear the away fans over the Spurs crowd many times today. I can't wait to see what the atmosphere is like at home, the place should be absolutely bouncing.

Other than the players everybody else has mentioned, I thought Origi did ok for a fella that hasn't really played a lot in the PL. Lallana showed a bit more today too than he normally does.

Lallana was better than Milner and Coutinho anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Mignolet - a good save (maybe two) and then did everything else he should
    Moreno - poor, gave the ball away a lot
    Sakho - one or two misplaced passes but was solid/good
    Milner - thought he was poor
    Can - better in midfield, no shock there
    Origi - didn't get much help but was poor. Still young though

The rest were meh.
    Spurs the better team by a little.

On the downside, we got a good, long look at all that's wrong with Skrtel's game. It's some shame that Gomez got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

hadepsx wrote: »
    Didn't realise kloop was so tall. Towering over our defenders at d end. Decent draw away to spurs all things considered.

6'4" started football life as a striker and ended as a defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Clyne & Sakho were superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Happy with the result, we played well first 20 minutes really hunted the ball down, I guess no surprise they ran out of puff!

Have to say Moreno was definitely our worst player, he was p1ssing me off, no real standouts apart from Sakho who was beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Mig motm for me. Can and Sakho not far behind. Skrtel was awful, Milner and Lallana poor and Coutinho anonymous.

We offered nothing going forward which was to be expected really with all the injuries. Origi should have finished that chance in the second half. Poor effort after good work from him.

Positive performance though. Players looked to buy into Klopp's philosophy straight away. The pressing in the 1st half of the 1st 45 was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah I thought Sakho, Can, Origi and Lallana all looked pretty good today. Moreno and Milner looked poor enough though, Coutinho wasn't up to much either.

corwill wrote: »
    On the downside, we got a good, long look at all that's wrong with Skrtel's game. It's some shame that Gomez got injured.

Actually think Klopp may have been tempted to try Sakho and Gomez together.

Really disappointed with Moreno. The excuses are wearing thin. Hes here over a year at this stage. Needs a big improvement from him but not sure if he has it in him.

Might be better further up, as it is he is a liability at LB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Coutinho hasn't looked right for a while. Seems tentative

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement