Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 - Mod Note in OP, 14/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This is the trouble with the internet, it doesn't have a raised eyebrow mocking font and people on it are far too literal and not literate enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

"I don't know Herr Kendall from a hole in the ground, vhich is appropriate!!"

germany-soccer-champions-league-71-390x285.jpg

Said it the other day but you'll definitely be in their sigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This is the trouble with the internet, it doesn't have a raised eyebrow mocking font and people on it are far too literal and not literate enough.

Weirdo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Weirdo

Fine, you're the one banging on about Kloops English aren't you?
    Kloppo came across like a bit of a nut in his prematch interview. I think hes milking the attention a bit. He doesnt seem to listen and then just bizarrely laughs at the wrong time.

Go away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Surely this gegenpressing is going to lead to some serious physical demands on players. Will eh.. Sturridge survive this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Moreno just seems to get us in bother a few times every match, just makes things more difficult than they should be at times. With Clyne and Sakho in great form hopefully we won't get burned by him and Skrtel too much.

Origi is fine for a fourth choice striker, good at holding the ball up and usually lays it off well but we aren't going to score loads of goals with him. Fcuking injuries. At least Sturridge was precautionary by the sounds of it.

With 3 strikers, Henderson and Firmino out it could have been worse.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

K-9 wrote: »
    Moreno just seems to get us in bother a few times every match, just makes things more difficult than they should be at times. With Clyne and Sakho in great form hopefully we won't get burned by him and Skrtel too much.

Origi is fine for a fourth choice striker, good at holding the ball up and usually lays it off well but we aren't going to score loads of goals with him. Fcuking injuries. At least Sturridge was precautionary by the sounds of it.

With 3 strikers, Henderson and Firmino out it could have been worse.

I think Moreno is capable of being far better than he is currently. He needs to keep it simple and his performances should improve. I find he takes too much out if it and doesnt tend to take the best percentage option/pass.
    I would like to see Origi play with Sturridge or Benteke to see what he can really do. With his lack of experience, leading the line on an ongoing basis won't work. Wrong time for him to be getting so much game time, but our injuries are forcing it at present. Hopefully Sturridge and Benteke will be available for our next league game.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Grayditch wrote: »
    Surely this gegenpressing is going to lead to some serious physical demands on players. Will eh.. Sturridge survive this?
    It's going to take some time for these players to adjust to 'gegenpressing' from the slow, lethargic rubbish they've been playing recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Haven't seen anyone mention Mignolet. He was freaking immense today, possibly our MOTM. Klopp will have been impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Ardent wrote: »
    Haven't seen anyone mention Mignolet. He was freaking immense today, possibly our MOTM. Klopp will have been impressed.

He had a good game alright. Dont think anyone questions his shot stopping, he's always been excellent at this. Its the other areas of being a goalkeeper that lets him down, I still wouldn't object to a new keeper tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Say what you will about Mignolet, but he is putting points on the board.

Grayditch wrote: »

One training session with Klopp and that was him done. We should treat him like Paul McGrath . Just let him sit it out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gundogan really is sending a come and get plea all week in the media and social media.

https://twitter.com/Guendogan8/status/652489816278441984

https://twitter.com/guendogan8/status/655353261810028544

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Clyne has been our best signing from the summer. Fantastic RB & Ive yet to see beaten 1v1 this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I thought Gundogan signed for utd 6months ago!

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I thought Gundogan signed for utd 6months ago!

No, Utd said they didn't want him anyway.

Seems we covered more ground today than we did under Rodgers all season.

Rafa's Madrid only conceded 2 goals all season, Barcelona conceded 5 times as much. Typical Rafa/ He also has scored 48% more goals than anyone else in the process.
    He really is so meticulous in his approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Rafa's Madrid only conceded 2 goals all season, Barcelona conceded 5 times as much. Typical Rafa/ He also has scored 48% more goals than anyone else in the process.
    He really is so meticulous in his approach.

Borning manager ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reports in Spain tonight that we have beaten barca and Madrid to the signing of Ruben neves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ricero wrote: »
    Reports in Spain tonight that we have beaten barca and Madrid to the signing of Ruben neves

I still don't know who he is, but i'm excited at the prospect of signing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This will be one of our biggest ever signings if it can be completed. He will be one of the world's best, he could already walk into our team and probably every other bar maybe Bayern and Real Madrid, who are loaded with midfielders.

Please god let this one happen!

Ya, I saw that as well. I haven't seen him play but by all accounts he is quite the player. Has been compared to a mixture of Busquets and Alonso - he could very well end up being as good as them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I'm glad you all seem to love him - I didnt think he looked particularly impressive in the chelsea review but thats all I have seen of him to be honest.

I hope he's as good as ye all say he is :D

• Advertisement

Would we still have Sterling had Klopp been appointed in summer... maybe so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ardinn wrote: »
    I'm glad you all seem to love him - I didnt think he looked particularly impressive in the chelsea review but thats all I have seen of him to be honest.

I hope he's as good as ye all say he is :D

He's brilliant, and I'm normally a cynical bâstard when it comes to other players and teams. Seen plenty of Porto last season, and he stood out like a diamond.

Three home games for Klopp next, all played in the evening . It gives manager a great chance to see what he has at his disposal.

I would be over the moon if we have him. A serious talent, he could easily be a household name for years to come. Really hope its true.

• Advertisement

You're not my new Da.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Would we still have Sterling had Klopp been appointed in summer... maybe so.

I think it's a bit of a redundant question because i don't think Klopp was coming here in the summer. We seem to have got Klopp at the right time.

I would have loved to have kept Sterling. He's a top player. But if we're speaking in hypotheticals, if it was a choice of letting him go if it meant getting Klopp in as manager, then you're very welcome to have him Man City.

It's a pity we couldn't have had both, but sure there you go. Sterling got the move he wanted and i'm sure he'll be a success there.

Meanwhile, we've got Jurgen Klopp managing the team now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Who cares about greedy Sterling, his motives for leaving Liverpool were financial.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

Sterling would be gone anyway, he wanted more money and that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mikeym wrote: »
    Who cares about greedy Sterling, his motives for leaving Liverpool were financial.

Well, to be fair, ambition did also play a part.

Didn't go about it the right way, but I think he's already proven it was a good move. IMO as long as he stays consistently in that team, he's justified his decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

mikeym wrote: »

Who cares about his motives? He's well within his rights to get paid as much as he possibly can while being in a far better position to win trophies. He gave us a lot while he was here and he didn't really owe us anything. He made mistakes but he left because he wanted to and that's fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Ardent wrote: »

Yeah, Rodgers wanted his keeper to play a certain way and this clearly made Mignolot uncomfortable. Same with Sakho, Rodgers wanted his defenders to play the ball from the back and under pressure Sakho just isn't comfortable doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Yeah, Rodgers wanted his keeper to play a certain way and this clearly made Mignolot uncomfortable. Same with Sakho, Rodgers wanted his defenders to play the ball from the back and under pressure Sakho just isn't comfortable doing it.

I actually think Sakho is our best central defender on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I cannot believe for the life of me, how this line is still being trotted out. Sakho, apart from one sloppy pass against spurs, was actually imperious. Imperious, yes I said it.

Haha. What a swing and a miss. Sakho's very comfortable on the ball under pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

ECKf4ab.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lads, how many times does it have to be said?

Sakho is bad because he looks funny on the ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Bad form- not obvious who you are mocking at all.

PC brigade on patrol, tiresome stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/09/10-liverpool-myths-mamadou-sakho-cant-pass/
    The laziest stereotype of modern day football is that which laments Mamadou Sakho’s passing ability. A gangly defender whose touch is somewhat unorthodox the Frenchman has endured criticism from fans and pundits alike. Opposition supporters have even taken to ridiculing his every touch – before being silenced in the wake of unerring accuracy.

Sakho’s passing success in his first full season at Anfield was a remarkable 92.5%. He followed that up with a commendable 89.4% last term. The Parisian averaged more than 50 passes a game in each season.

To put that into context Daniel Agger – a fan favourite held up as the ultimate ball playing centre half – never matched those statistics in his seven years at the club.

Likewise Rio Ferdinand, England’s ‘Rolls Royce’, achieved a career high of 92.3% in 2012.

By January 2015 Sakho had misplaced the fewest passes of all Premier League players to have attempted 500 or more that season (58 from 525).

The likes of Paul Merson, a master of neither English language nor English football, care little for such data.

The former Arsenal man said of the French centre back last Spring: “I don’t care what you say. He can’t pass. He doesn’t look right.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are we rolling out the Sakho can't pass troupe again?

Oh goodie! Can i jump in with the old fashioned 'Lucas does nothing for the team' comment too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

I can't stress what an incredible signing this is if true. I firmly believe he will go on to be one the best in the world this would be a Suarez level type signing. I actually thought he was in his mid 20's when I seen him play at first such is his stamina and build. His distribution is superb. Think Sakho but in midfield :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Only saw the highlights of the match but Skrtel looked absolutely shocking

Anybody who saw 90mins worth able to give a better insight into his performance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

D'Agger wrote: »

Anybody who saw 90mins worth able to give a better insight into his performance?

I watched the full game. He was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He was bullied by Kane and couldn't keep up with the tempo. He was really indecisive (going in for tackles and then backing out) and was playing some suicide passes.

A new CB should be our main priority

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

He played most of the game like a cataracts sufferer with a concussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement