Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 - Mod Note in OP, 14/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well you can't argue with statistics (whether they're true or not) but I don't think it tells the full story.

Sakho has made less than 40 appearances for Liverpool in the league and some of them coming from the bench, this his his third season with Liverpool. this will 'boast' the 'percentage' over a player like Rio who would play that many games a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well you can't argue with statistics (whether they're true or not) but I don't think it tells the full story.

Sakho has made less than 40 appearances for Liverpool in the league (51 in all competitions) and some of them coming from the bench, this his his third season with Liverpool. this will 'boast' the 'percentage' over a player like Rio who would play that many games a season.

Sakho also played under a management style described as 'death by football', this style meant defenders would countlessly pass the ball between each other long periods of play winning or losing. These pointless short passes would also increase his pass completion percentage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Oranage2 wrote: »

Sakho has made less than 40 appearances for Liverpool in the league and some of them coming from the bench, this his his third season with Liverpool. this will 'boast' the 'percentage' over a player like Rio who would play that many games a season.

You're right. He doesn't make passes if he comes off the bench....... Or something like that.

Last season, 798 successful passes, 96 unsuccessful. But he can't pass, especially not when he's coming off the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I can't believe anyone takes anything Orange says seriously. Jesus,lads it's not your first time reading this thread,is it?

Anyway...was at a wedding yesterday but I recorded the match...worth a watch or not? I'll probably watch it later but some advice would be appreciated. Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You're right. He doesn't make passes if he comes off the bench....... Or something like that.

Last season, 798 successful passes, 96 unsuccessful. But he can't pass, especially not when he's coming off the bench.

Liar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I can't believe anyone takes anything Orange says seriously. Jesus,lads it's not your first time reading this thread,is it?

Anyway...was at a wedding yesterday but I recorded the match...worth a watch or not? I'll probably watch it later but some advice would be appreciated. Ta.

I'd watch. The first twenty mins were good. Christmas tree formation!

Nothing really happened tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Watch the first 20-30 minutes. Keep an eye out for Klopp's reaction to the Origi chance (I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Moreno was poor yesterday but he was also giving some passes that put him under in necessary pressure.
    His final ball is terrible but despite that he's still more effective going forward than Clyne(so far).
    I think if we are going to play so narrow, we need two full backs you can provide going forward and I don't think either of the two yesterday can provide that currently.

Was impressed with Divock Origi yesterday, needs a little bit of a fire lit under him and you could see Klopp trying to do that on the sidelines.

I'm not worried about Milner yet, as yesterday he was playing under a new manager at the club he's been at for only a short while. But he really has to start impressing soon. Can he play consistently as a first teamer or was his good performances at City due to the pressure of competition?

Looking forward to Thursday now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Skrtel genuinely looked afraid of the ball at times yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Skrtel seemed to want to get in front of the striker every single time a ball came in. I wonder if that was under direction of the manager and maybe the expectation was Sakho would cover for him. But it was noticeable that literally every time the ball came to Kane Skrtel would be trying (and often failing) to nip in ahead of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Thanks lads. Probably watch the first half so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Typical fair weather fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd advise you watch the second half instead. Seeing Liverpool playing decent football may be too much of a shock to the system, I was on oxygen at HT yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, I thought we were good in the second half. Had to keep reminding myself of all the players we were missing while watching us still dominate large parts of the game. Granted the fuel ran out at times, but it was very encouraging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any update on Mr 4.6's injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Should be fine for Thursday

Word is TNO is going to ask Gerrard to text him Thursday morning to ask him to play Thursday night.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought we were good in the second half. Had to keep reminding myself of all the players we were missing while watching us still dominate large parts of the game. Granted the fuel ran out at times, but it was very encouraging.
    Dembele was Tottenham's most effective player and ensured Mignolet was the busier of the two keepers.

In the second half I saw plenty of reasons to be positive.

Emre Can - It's early days but he looks like a decent midfield player. He was switched on for the game and despite covering the entire pitch didn't seem to physically tire after 70 minutes.

Jordan Ibe - During his short cameo he looked like he has regained some confidence in himself.

Joe Allen - The guy actually ran into the opposition's 18 yard box and was screaming for the ball to be played to him! That never happened under Rodgers. Usually he found himself there in freak circumstances and the last thing he wanted was the responsibility of having possession of the ball in the opposition's 18 yard box.

It's like the players have finally woken up and realised they can actually play the game. Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Skrtel seemed to want to get in front of the striker every single time a ball came in. I wonder if that was under direction of the manager and maybe the expectation was Sakho would cover for him. But it was noticeable that literally every time the ball came to Kane Skrtel would be trying (and often failing) to nip in ahead of them.

Used to be a common behaviour of Klopp's defenders at Dortmund iirc.

For all the brilliant German pressing style that Klopp is bringing with him, they do all seem to be a bit mad when it comes to the back four always stepping up. It'll be fascinating to see how this style works out in England.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Are bentekers and firmino due back this week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ricero wrote: »

Due to be back training with the team.

Can't wait to see Firmino come into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ricero wrote: »

He doesnt expect them back for Kazan, but expects them for Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Tactic analysis from yesterday's game by Michael Cox. Praise for Origi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ah well looks like there is no choice on what to watch next Sunday

Hope your being sarcastic lfc come first even if Ireland got to the semis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There never was a choice :)

Ireland in the quarters is like a Mourinho Chelsea in the CL semi finals....only one outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Ireland in the quarters is like a Mourinho Chelsea in the CL semi finals....only one outcome.

Rafa wasn't managing the argies though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Or Arsenal in the 2nd round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

monkey9 wrote: »

Or Lucas taking a shot.

monkey9 wrote: »

BaWGsFt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

BaWGsFt.jpg

Promote that man !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We definitely should have 2 of the 3 back soon then.

Not sure we can really really on the other for one more than 4.6 games at a time before long lay offs.
    Daniel Sturridge, Christian Benteke and Roberto Firmino are all expected to be back in full training this week.

Sturridge’s absence against Spurs due to a swollen knee was a worry, just three appearances into his comeback after five months out following hip surgery.

The striker’s low pain threshold was a regular source of frustration for Rodgers. Now he must convince the new manager he can be relied upon.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-comment-after-liverpool-10284940

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

What I liked most about the weekends game was Klopps comments after it.

He said we were panicked in possession and made the wrong decisions.
    “The problem was when we had the ball. We weren’t good enough, we didn’t use our skills, we were too hectic, we didn’t see the right option.”
    He also suggested we were blinkered in possession and need to be more expansive.

This shows that he sees where our problems lie, which is the easy part, hopefully he knows how to fix them.

I wasn't overly keen on the game itself though and the way some are talking here you would think it was a great performance. If it hadn't been a new manager, I don't think the endorsements would have been so great.
    Great commitment and closing down from the players but Spurs had the better chances to put us away and should have scored. Apart from the Origi chance from the set piece, we didn't really threaten them apart from a decent attempt from Can from long range.

I'm not in anyway judging after this game and expect/hope us to improve over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Does nobody realize?

We are going to win the league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Should be fine for Thursday

;)

mudstack wrote: »
    What I liked most about the weekends game was Klopps comments after it.

I'm not in anyway judging after this game and expect/hope us to improve over the coming weeks.

The team weren't at all lethargic though, great energy on display. With sturridge, ings & Benteke all out the lack of cutting edge was evident. Unfortunate ferninho was out too, very hard to get away with that amount of fire power missing.

Yesterday didn't surpass the first half v arsenal so there is no doubt we will see plenty of improvement in the coming weeks, its all good :)

Has this place ever been this quiet after a game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

For once we've nothing really to bitch about enmass

Vicxas wrote: »

Dunno I was very upset with klopp that he didn't wear his baseball cap during the game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Rugby took over for a lot of folk I reckon, normal service will resume shortly.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Rugby took over for a lot of folk I reckon, normal service will resume shortly.

Feckin bandwagons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Vicxas wrote: »

I'll bitch if I want.

And stop calling me Enmass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

mudstack wrote: »
    I wasn't overly keen on the game itself though and the way some are talking here you would think it was a great performance. If it hadn't been a new manager, I don't think the endorsements would have been so great.

Great commitment and closing down from the players but Spurs had the better chances to put us away and should have scored. Apart from the Origi chance from the set piece, we didn't really threaten them apart from a decent attempt from Can from long range.

Spurs had the better chances for sure. Klopp also pointed that out. I think what most people are happiest about was our commitment from the start. Winning the ball back as quickly as possible, winning it back high up the pitch. We were missing a lot of players who we'd consider to be starting 11 players, and mostly players who are there to score goals. With those players back the number of chances we create will inevitably go up.

It was by no means a great performance, but we looked ready for it. I've never seen Lallana work so hard for the team. Can was relentless. Positive signs for sure. So all in all, we gave it a go with a very depleted squad as was evident by our bench and we came away from a tough away game with a point. A decent days work.

Augeo wrote: »
    The team weren't at all lethargic though, great energy on display. With sturridge, ings & Benteke all out the lack of cutting edge was evident. Unfortunate ferninho was out too, very hard to get away with that amount of fire power missing.
    I should hope so, it sounds like a b@$t@rd hybrid of a media presenter and a periodic climate change pattern. It's hard to imagine such an abomination being a player for Liverpool. Firmino on the other hand is a football player who I'm sure is looking forward to playing for the new manager.

punk_one82 wrote: »
    It was by no means a great performance, but we looked ready for it. I've never seen Lallana work so hard for the team. Can was relentless. Positive signs for sure. So all in all, we gave it a go with a very depleted squad as was evident by our bench and we came away from a tough away game with a point. A decent days work.
    The change in performance of the players was like night and day in comparison to what we saw under Rodgers sans Suarez and Sturridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Spurs had the better chances for sure. Klopp also pointed that out. I think what most people are happiest about was our commitment from the start. Winning the ball back as quickly as possible, winning it back high up the pitch. We were missing a lot of players who we'd consider to be starting 11 players, and mostly players who are there to score goals. With those players back the number of chances we create will inevitably go up.

Exactly, like I said, it was by no means a great performance, we worked hard without the players we've been missing for a few weeks as well as the newly injured Ings. Spurs had the better chances and probably should have won.

Let's hope our play improves over the coming weeks. I like what the manager is saying, I hope he can put it into practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sorry I was out of action for 2 weeks with a slight niggle :P
    Did I miss anything :)

Not sure if posted

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement