Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Technicolor TC7200

Options
  • 17-10-2015 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hello everyone!

I've recently moved into a new place with 4 other people and purchased broadband from UPc (Virgin) (240mb).

The Technicolor seems unable to handle the load. Everyone's got a phone, there's a playstation, a chromecast and several wired connections (Powerline kits to 2 PC's upstairs).

Wireless and wired connections appear to drop intermittently every couple of minutes as if the box is lagging/stalled. I've read on here that the wifi from the device is awful but I'm experiencing the exact same issue with wired connections too.

Has anyone else ran into issues like this with the technicolor? I'm tempted to buy a second router for the wireless but I dont want to invest 100 quid and still have the problem.

any configuration tips or ideas to try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Eogclouder wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I've recently moved into a new place with 4 other people and purchased broadband from UPc (Virgin) (240mb).

The Technicolor seems unable to handle the load. Everyone's got a phone, there's a playstation, a chromecast and several wired connections (Powerline kits to 2 PC's upstairs).

Wireless and wired connections appear to drop intermittently every couple of minutes as if the box is lagging/stalled. I've read on here that the wifi from the device is awful but I'm experiencing the exact same issue with wired connections too.

Has anyone else ran into issues like this with the technicolor? I'm tempted to buy a second router for the wireless but I dont want to invest 100 quid and still have the problem.

any configuration tips or ideas to try?

There is a talk to upc forum, with a thread about these very issues.

Short answer is that the modem is not terrible, but has been crippled by upc Ireland, and there's no fix for any of the issues as a result.

Advertisement