Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD i70

Options
  • 17-10-2015 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi im interested in alarming my home and two adjacent sheds both with roller garage doors. As my home is not wired for an alarmed im interested in the wireless route though could wire in some parts such as the external bell. Ive seen the GSD i70 promo video and am interested in this system from the wireless, App and seemingly easy future addition of cameras. I am keen to do a self install and learning about the system. I do have broadband installed so interested in using the IP usability. So a few questions.
    Where can i purchase the GSD i70 ?
    Is a self install and maintenance do-able for the average diyer?
    When adding to the system are you limited to purely GSD supplied PIRs, contacts, etc?
    Do GSD have roller garage door contacts?

Open to equivalent system recommendations.

Appreciative of any feedback on this.

Best regards Inverza

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Where can i purchase the GSD i70 ?
    There is more control on the accessibility of this system compared to some others. If you give them a call Im sure they will point you in the direction of suppliers close to you.
    Is a self install and maintenance do-able for the average diyer?
    Depends on your knowledge of wiring etc.
    When adding to the system are you limited to purely GSD supplied PIRs, contacts, etc?
    For wireless yes. But you can use any global wired devices.
    Do GSD have roller garage door contacts?
    No but you could wire in global ones either to the panel or into a wireless contact input.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Inverza

Hi
    Thanks for the reply I do appreciate it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No problem.
    We use a lot of these systems. If you need any help with anything give us a shout.

Hi
    Ive finally settled on the GSDi70. My quote is €1035 for the GSDi70 kit, 2 remote FOBs. 2 additional PIR sensors for the Garages and the GSM modules. This includes installation. I think this quote is ok ish. I plan putting the panel in the attic space for better security and using the fobs/app to arm disarm the system. In addition the attic placement should give the range to allow the panel remain in contact with the PIRs in the garages approximately 20 /30 yards away. Im putting in my own sim card O2/3.

Any thoughts / advice appreciated.

Best regards PJ O Gorman

So how many wireless devices for detection are there in total?
    There should be a PiR in the attic also. The panel can not be outside of the protected area.

• Advertisement

2 Pirs in the house plus 2 wireless contacts on front and back door. One PIR in each garage. Attic is not easily accessible.

Best regards inverza

If you are getting a licenced company to install and certify this and the panel is in the attic then the attic must be protected. The panel must be in a protected area.
    I would also go for the app with WiFi or Lan card it will give you remote control of your alarm and give you more information on alarms and alerts.
    Not sure about 3 sims. It might have to be a 2g sim card like Vodafone or Meteor.

Advertisement