Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants Open Christmas day Dublin City/Southside

Options
  • 17-10-2015 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭

It's that time of year again!

Does anyone know of restaurants/hotels open for Christmas lunch/dinner on Christmas day in Dublin city or southside? I know you often pay through the nose for these things, but I accept that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,293 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Not quite city centre but close enough - Clontarf Castle usually do a Christmas Day lunch, including a Santa visit for kids but you'll be paying through the nose alright.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I'd imagine most hotels would do Christmas lunch? We were looking into it last year, although not in city centre, but roughly starts from €125pp (kids and 90 but they get the whole Santa experience and presents).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The biggest problem is them having to pay staff premium pay rates.

I saw the nuremore hotel doing 3 days for 355 which I thought was OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

We've been to the Radisson St Helen's. which is very good, but it seems that the Four Seasons and the Herbert Park do Christmas dinner as well, as does the Shelbourne. Mixed reports from the Four Seasons and the Shelbourne.

Yes, it costs, but I accept that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

M&L has certainly opened on previous Christmas Days. I imagine they will this year too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

BeerNut wrote: »
    M&L has certainly opened on previous Christmas Days. I imagine they will this year too.

Chicken chow mein isn't quiet the same as Turkey and ham !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Chicken chow mein isn't quiet the same as Turkey and ham !

True, but if you like good 'real' Chinese food, M&L is the place to get it. They also have a menu for more Irish palates.

Advertisement