Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator told me to kill myself in PM

Options
  • 17-10-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

There is a thread about door to door selling on this forum. A moderator by the name of "rubadub" has been posting aggressive and defamatory comments about me, such as calling me a "cu*t" and "scum" purely because I was talking about my experiences door knocking.

I have reported his posts twice already with no reply from anyone at boards.ie, no acknowledgment whatsoever. This moderator then PMed me telling me that the mods had a good laugh at my reporting of it.

He PMed me telling me I should get a real job to which I replied I had made over €250,000 so far this year and how was that not a real job.

This is his reply, which I have reported.

<removed>

This goes way beyond what would be acceptable from a standard member of this site, but for a moderator to become engaged in tit for tat and then tell a member they should commit suicide is an absolute disgrace and there are vulnerable members on here who could have taken this much more seriously than I.

I am not the kind of member who would normally complain, I've been on here long enough to know we are dealing with lots of different personalities, however when someone is given moderator status their posts should be made with extra care and attention.

As you never replied to either reports before, I have put this out there for public record and hopefully something will be done about it before you find yourself in a situation where you are defending in court why you didn't take action about a moderator who has used vile and despicable language.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

These aren't moderator actions, so this can't be handled as a complaint about a moderator. Rubadub's status as a mod plays no part in this. If the PM was reported, then it's in the hands of admins to deal with already.

I've removed the quote from the PM, as PM contents can't be posted unless both parties explicitly agree to it beforehand, as with the usual sitewide rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

OK, no problem.

Thanks for getting back to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'll close this thread then. As mentioned already, the reported PM means it's now a separate issue for the admins to address.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement