Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam caller? uk number +442037696737

Options
  • 17-10-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just thought I would throw this up as I am fairly sure it is a scam number.

missed call from a UK phone +442037696737

When I called back just got music so I hung up straight away

What was left of my credit was gone - not sure how much I had but think a few euro

Looks like another scam...........................

anyone else know this number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you google the number lots of people reporting weird calls from the number. Either they just hang up (possibly to get you to call back a premium rate number?) or they ask you for your name. Would definitely add it to the ignore list in case they call back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Here is the location
    [IMG][/img]cNfmgHA.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 49 carlost

Just received a call from this number. Said he was a trader with "global trade" or something similar. Hard to understand. Offered advice from online traders. Said I was already registered with them. I said no thanks and hung up. Odd. Checked my phone balance afterwards and nothing amiss so unless they are fishing for information? I dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Just had a missed call there myself.
    Googled the number and seen the numerous warning threads.

Global trade website not updated since 2004 . YOU didn't make call so you should be fine regards credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭u2me

Think it may be the call back where they get you but not sure as I can't say for certain how much credit I had left but I though around 2-3 euro.

Anyone else call back? experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

u2me wrote: »
    Think it may be the call back where they get you but not sure as I can't say for certain how much credit I had left but I though around 2-3 euro.

Anyone else call back? experiences?

That is a regular London (area code '020' followed by 8 digits) landline number, they get nothing if you call them. Your PAYG tariff may have included a 'setup' charge for an international call which walloped your remaining credit.

It sounds like a boiler-room investment scam.

And FFS don't phone back when you get a call from a UK (or any other country) number you don't recognise.

I've just noticed them trying to call again.
    They are using Viber to make the call, I just let it ring out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you choose to answer one of these calls, just say nothing and see what happens. They don't want their people listening to ringing tones and wasting their time on unanswered calls so most of the time the call is initiated by a machine and the instant you say 'hello', the call gets routed to a scammer call agent.

If you answer the call but say nothing, the machine that called you will assume that your mobile sim or landline is linked to a computer or house alarm and they won't call you again. If you take the call but say nothing and you hear nothing from the far end, you've been called by a machine. They will mark your number as not worth calling again.

UPDATE:
    Received call again and answer and it was this global trade company. Some foreign sounding guy conveniently called O'Sullivan - whats the odds..........Just said I was not interested and hung up. Checked credit and nothing missing. Maybe on the call back you get ripped off or on what ever they are tying to flog. Anyway my recommendation is to avoid unless someone can verify the company.

• Advertisement

I blocked the number on Viber but they rang again today through a normal call.
    I didn't answer

Ahh crap another one 0044 37692652, feckers must have handed my number out to the other scam marketing scumbags. Its like one of those horror movies you answer a call and then you are stalked by the b*st*rds for the rest of time. Just blocked the numbers on me mobile thank god for modern technology :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

I had 3 missed calls from Riga Latvia last week,one on a saturday,2 on last sunday

+37120302037

Googling gave me a bus company in latvia where I've never been in my life,nor know anyone there
    Could that have been a disguised number?
    I didn't answer and didn't ring back,they would have hit my voice mail but didn't leave a message

Got one from this number this morning.
    Only rang for a few seconds.

Feck it the Irish are on to me now 017061200 -- someone must have put me on the dial a sucker list. The MBRI this time from what I can see online.

AHOLES

Advertisement