Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Delivery Dates whats going on?

• 17-10-2015 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Well I preordered a game from amazon its release date was the 16th of October and my estimated delivery date when I ordered it was the 20th of October which is perfectly reasonable.

When I checked it today it now says eta 28th of October with carrier Asendia, anyone had any experiance with them, does it really take 2 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What game is it and is it through a third party seller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Well I preordered a game from amazon its release date was the 16th of October and my estimated delivery date when I ordered it was the 20th of October which is perfectly reasonable.

When I checked it today it now says eta 28th of October with carrier Asendia, anyone had any experiance with them, does it really take 2 weeks.

I ordered two books that were order placed on 2nd Sept, given an estimate of 19th->29th Sept. Automatically marked as delivered on 29th eventhough they arrived later. That's almost an entire month for two books.

They did arrive though, slightly later than I wished, but they arrived (not by tracking) :)
    Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Tales of Zestiria and it was sold directly by Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

ussjtrunks wrote: »

It does actually take 2 weeks, Have had 1 or 2 items come before the estimate and one item never came but refunded for that one.

I ordered 2 blurays today which are due Monday with An Post while my game isnt due until at least Wednesday with Asendia, I wish they would stop using them it seems they are very slow :(

• Advertisement

My item I ordered 2 weeks ago with Asendia never came and missed the estimate which was yesterday but did get refunded but this should not be going on in the first place.

I'm amazed Amazon isn't losing money with people annoyed over it and shopping elsewhere, even Royal mail which is in itself slow is much faster than Asendia :( If it doesnt arrive on the date I'll be looking for some discount as its ridiculous.

Amazon said my package was most likely lost so they gave me a £10 gift card and sent a replacement copy of the game, Asendia really is rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I have two orders due from Amazon at the moment, one is sent via Iparcel and most likely Fastway here and it is a large box of 20 packs of Tassimo pods and is telling me I should have it on Monday.

The other one a small item, 240GB SSD that should have been sent in one of their padded envelopes that they use for single DVDs has been sent by useless carrier pigeon called Asendia and is not due for 3 weeks!

That's some delay but is more due to Amazon incompetence that the uselessness of Asendia.

Also been stung by Asendia , had I spotted that I'd never have ordered my item from amazon. Estimated delivery of 17th - 19th Nov, add the usual 2-3 days to that but normally stuff has arrived no later than a day or 2 later than estimate if sold by amazon.

Item dispatched on 13th still not here, quick check on amazon shows it as being dispatched on the 13th as per email notification but the estimated delivery date push out to Dec. 4th :mad:

• Advertisement

Update on my issue, I got tired of waiting and got on to them over the revised delivery time. Didn't even ask , I was offered a full refund in 2 minutes. Making me very wary of ordering from Amazon now in the run up to xmas, I'm not sure you can actually see if asendia are handing delivery or not until you fully commit to the order?

In good news though something drastic has happened with delivery over at book depository, last 2 orders from them have arrived in 4 days , they used to always take 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

In fairness to them, I ordered a few things last week for the kids, 2 fulfilled by Amazon, 1 by a third party so sent as two separate deliveries. I ordered on Thursday, both arrived on the following Monday.

I haven't been unfortunate to deal with Asendia by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I'm just curious to what's the latest someone has waited for something to arrive from Amazon when it's been sent by Asendia i.e. Did it turn up after 3, 4 or 5 weeks? I'm waiting on Call of Duty Black Ops 3 since 7th November last! The 7th was a Saturday so I suppose from 9th November.

Thanks...

I'm just curious to what's the latest someone has waited for something to arrive from Amazon when it's been sent by Asendia i.e. Did it turn up after 3, 4 or 5 weeks? I'm waiting on Call of Duty Black Ops 3 since 7th November last! The 7th was a Saturday so I suppose from 9th November.

Thanks...

2 weeks max I have had to wait but my last shipment with them only took a week, Had 2 items get lost in the post with them as well but got a refund for them,

If your been waiting that long for the game id go to Amazon and they will give a refund.

I believe Amazon are looking to cut ties with Ascendia.

They should also cut ties with their own dispatch department!

I ordered an item last Friday and it still has not dispatched! delivery estimate before ordering was 4-6days but as soon as item was ordered it showed as 9-12th December.

They are not being hoinest with their delivery estimates before people order to entice people to place orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

foggy_lad wrote: »

I ordered an item last Friday and it still has not dispatched! delivery estimate before ordering was 4-6days but as soon as item was ordered it showed as 9-12th December.

They are not being hoinest with their delivery estimates before people order to entice people to place orders.

I contacted them on chat about that before, they always changed the shipping method to a faster option for free.

Were you purchasing from Amazon itself or a reseller on the site themselves? I've personally never encountered a problem with dispatch times and it usually is from between a few hours and the next day (with two days at most).

You should definitely get in contact with that particular shop and see what's happening?

My very basic understanding is that they're not all shipped from an Amazon warehouse, but maybe from company's individual ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I inexplicably had a package from Amazon delivered yesterday by An Post with Express Shipping and Tracking, even though I only chose the free shipping option.

And no, it wasn't a 3rd-party seller, and it wasn't sent by courier. It was all from Amazon, and all by An Post. And I only ordered it last Saturday. so it wasn't like it was massively delayed at any stage.

A strange one, but I'm certainly not complaining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

I bought a couple of dvds and a book from Amazon.Co.uk just today, I looked at the estimated delivery time and it said 16-18th Dec. I went to cancel the order because I thought it'd be a bit dodgy with time as they're all Xmas gifts but they were dispatching soon and couldn't guarantee cancellation. I requested they be cancelled a few times but with no luck and they were despatched a few hours later. They're now on route and estimated to be delivered on the 17th. Joke of a service all around. Can I actually expect to have the items for Christmas or will I be getting a very disappointed girlfriend from Santa?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

I bought a couple of dvds and a book from Amazon.Co.uk just today, I looked at the estimated delivery time and it said 16-18th Dec. I went to cancel the order because I thought it'd be a bit dodgy with time as they're all Xmas gifts but they were dispatching soon and couldn't guarantee cancellation. I requested they be cancelled a few times but with no luck and they were despatched a few hours later. They're now on route and estimated to be delivered on the 17th. Joke of a service all around. Can I actually expect to have the items for Christmas or will I be getting a very disappointed girlfriend from Santa?
    If they were despatched today you should have them well before the 17th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

I also complained about a ridiculous ETA and they upped me to next day delivery at no extra cost.

eman66 wrote: »
    I also complained about a ridiculous ETA and they upped me to next day delivery at no extra cost.

Seems to be the luck of the draw when complaining about it because when I complained about a long ETA on an order, They were having none of it.

Virtanen wrote: »
    I inexplicably had a package from Amazon delivered yesterday by An Post with Express Shipping and Tracking, even though I only chose the free shipping option.

And no, it wasn't a 3rd-party seller, and it wasn't sent by courier. It was all from Amazon, and all by An Post. And I only ordered it last Saturday. so it wasn't like it was massively delayed at any stage.

A strange one, but I'm certainly not complaining :)

Many of the free delivery items are tracked and express post is used because they have contracts with Royal mail and other cheap as chips couriers.

My last delivery was eventually dispatched after ten days and delivered 2 days later(yesterday).

My current order for 2 pc games(placed 6th Dec) went dispatched very quickly and showed a delivery date of today but my postman had no games for me:confused: Also the An Post tracking number assigned to the delivery does not exist. It looks like they are dispatching these from their Irish Centre but they have possibly screwed up?

On the flip side, I also just bought a DVD (sold by a 3rd party seller, fulfilled by Amazon). Dispatched today with Asendia, estimated delivery date the 22nd. Good thing it isn't a Christmas present

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

My stuff which was meant to arrive on the 17th of this month just arrived earlier, less than a week after I ordered so you could be surprised.

Well after getting my refund since my last post and being told to refuse the delivery I'm still waiting for it to arrive so I can do that. Dispatched on Nov. 13 :mad:

I know things occasionally get lost or delayed and I was refunded with no hassle but what irked me this time was an item I had pre-ordered and that I had a dispatch notification for and eta had the eta changed without notifying me due to stock levels , as was explained by the agent I spoke to. When asked how this could affect the delivery date of something that had already been dispatched I got no answer :D

TLDR : check the eta for delivery hasn't been ninja changed if it's gone by asendia:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

My current order for 2 pc games(placed 6th Dec) went dispatched very quickly and showed a delivery date of today but my postman had no games for me:confused: Also the An Post tracking number assigned to the delivery does not exist. It looks like they are dispatching these from their Irish Centre but they have possibly screwed up?

Get on to them asap. Same happened to me with an order placed on 26th November. Shipped in two days (I paid for shipping) still haven't got it.

Got An Post tracking number too. Tracking number didn't work. Had to argue with Amazon that the item was trackable and lost so they eventually sent out a replacement which I still haven't got.

Ironically they sent the replacement by Deutsche Post which will still arrive by An Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The tracking number with An Post can take a while to become live. It doesn't become active until it's received in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The tracking number with An Post can take a while to become live. It doesn't become active until it's received in Ireland.

It certainly can,
    Had a priority order shipped from them the other day, tracking was dead until the morning of the day the delivery was due at which time it showed the order was out for delivery.

Up until then the tracking number wasn't recognized on the anpost website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Has anyone had any problems with the paid delivery? Went to order 2 Christmas presents on Super Saver Delivery only to get an estimated delivery date of Dec 28th! My last 2 Amazon orders took over a fortnight to arrive so I'm thinking of paying for delivery but if there's problems with that too I won't bother.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems with the paid delivery? Went to order 2 Christmas presents on Super Saver Delivery only to get an estimated delivery date of Dec 28th! My last 2 Amazon orders took over a fortnight to arrive so I'm thinking of paying for delivery but if there's problems with that too I won't bother.

Personally any paid delivery recently I've had no issues,
    If I have to pay for delivery I generally opt for priority (if its available) because its generally about 1e more. The plus side is if its late you can easily get a refund for priority delivery

An update on this - I got onto them again yesterday via the chat option and was told every stock excuse the staff members screen could belt out
    Each order has an estimated delivery date by which the parcel should be delivered. If a parcel hasn't arrived by then, we'll ask you to wait a little longer for it to be delivered in case of unforeseen delays.

How long we'll ask you to wait is calculated based on the order's delivery method. For your order #026-*******-******* we won't ask you to wait beyond 17 December 2015.

We ask you to wait until then because this order may reach you before a replacement order would. Creating a replacement order now may cause inconvenience for you resulting in you having to return an unwanted duplicated item.

Your parcel and is in transit with AP_LETTER, but was sent by an untrackable method so, unfortunately, I unable to confirm its exact location.

When your order does arrive there's no need to contact us. However, if you haven't received it by 17 December 2015, please let us know and we'll be happy to replace it free of charge, or refund you if a replacement is unavailable.

We hope to see you again soon.

They have now cancelled and refunded that order without me asking for this and are stating that it was returned to their fulfilment centre as "undeliverable"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=13833761
    About Undeliverable Parcels

Occasionally parcels are returned to us as undeliverable. As we can’t re-dispatch orders that have been returned to us, when a carrier returns a parcel as undeliverable we’ll issue you a full refund, including the delivery costs.

If you'd still like to purchase the items in a parcel that's been returned to us as "undeliverable" you'll need to place a new order.

A parcel might be returned as undeliverable for several reasons:

Incorrect address. If the address is incorrect or outdated the parcel will typically be returned to us by the carrier or the unintended recipient. Please double-check the address carefully when placing your order. For more information about adding, editing and deleting addresses from your Address Book see Add & Manage Addresses.

Incorrect address format. If our system doesn't recognise the way an address was entered the parcel may be assigned to a carrier that can't deliver to that address.

Failed delivery attempts. Most of our carriers will make more than one attempt to deliver a parcel. If they find that they can't successfully deliver your parcel it'll be returned to us.

Refused by recipient. A gift recipient who isn't expecting a gift may refuse a parcel if they believe it's being delivered to them by mistake. In this case we'll refund the gift purchaser and let them know by e-mail. If you want to place a new order for the gift, you may want to let the recipient know that a surprise is on the way.

Illegible address. In rare cases address labels may become impossible to read in transit. If that happens a carrier will return the parcel to us.

Damaged in transit. If a parcel is damaged while it's on its way to you the carrier may return it without attempting delivery.
    The address is the same as every other addressed package delivered by an post/DPD/UPS/GLS/Fastway etc etc. It is more likely that the package was never sent as how else would Amazon be able to give the An Post tracking number so quickly when one of the games was fulfilled by amazon and they usually take a bit longer to dispatch. Also they usually give a yodel or royal mail or asendia or Iparcel tracking number.

Not good when they can screw up so close to Christmas but I suppose it's because of the volume of orders.

Virtanen wrote: »
    On the flip side, I also just bought a DVD (sold by a 3rd party seller, fulfilled by Amazon). Dispatched today with Asendia, estimated delivery date the 22nd. Good thing it isn't a Christmas present
    To my pleasant surprise, this actually arrived today. +1 for Asendia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Is there anyway to get amazon to dispatch by post only? I have a package which is apparently in the hands of fastway and has been in Ireland since mid week last week and I am still waiting for news of an delivery attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I placed an order for some books yesterday after checking the last dates for delivery for Ireland (20th Dec for standard delivery and 22 for priority express).

I checked today and my estimated delivery date is the 5th of January.

I got onto someone via the help function and they said that even if they speed up the delivery as a one off, the date is still only showing as 4th of January.

Not sure what to do now - I haven't gotten a dispatch email. I reckon if I don't get one by tomorrow I will cancel. The items I have ordered are books which are sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L. - unfortunately I was getting a really good saving by buying them off Amazon.

Is there anyway to get amazon to dispatch by post only?.

No, Amazon can't assign a specific delivery company to a customers account or order like that.

Expecting the same order that they had previously cancelled to be delivered today as per the amazon website but again it is not delivered. They seem really bad for delivery times and estimates at the moment, possibly due to taking on temporory untrained staff for the Christmas season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

If I placed an order for 25pounds to get free shipping and if certain items in the order cannot be delivered till after Christmas (rendering them useless) and I cancel those items - would I be charged a delivery cost then?

ams wrote: »
    If I placed an order for 25pounds to get free shipping and if certain items in the order cannot be delivered till after Christmas (rendering them useless) and I cancel those items - would I be charged a delivery cost then?

No you will be charged, They fixed that loophole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ams wrote: »

If you contact the support they might cancel the item for you and cancel any shipping charges, they are quite good with that.

nava wrote: »
    If you contact the support they might cancel the item for you and cancel any shipping charges, they are quite good with that.

I doubt they will, They were not having any of it when I contacted them about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Cabaal wrote: »
    No, Amazon can't assign a specific delivery company to a customers account or order like that.

Thanks, finally got the parcel about a week after the expected delivery date, was more of a logistic issue with the courier than amazon but still, the lottery of getting "an post" (who can actually find me) or courier is a nightmare. In future, probably best to send to place of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭dubal

I bought 3 games from Amazon (Dec 16), took free delivery option, which on the site said Dec 29.

Once, I completed the order it changed to January 6, they shipped Dec 17.

Anyhow, all three games arrived this morning.. December 23, via An Post.

Can't fault them, I may even reply to their survey on how good their packaging is now :D

Dubal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I ordered Fifa 17 on September 16th, due to arrive October 3rd. Got a notification saying it was dispatched on September 28th. It's now October 6th and have received nothing.

Shipped with Asendia and been told to wait until October 13th before requesting another one sent out. Not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Also been stung by Asendia...

I am shocked Amazon still use them. Just one Google search finds a tidal wave of horrible customer experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Palimpsest

Pre ordered July. Dispatched 28th Sept. Never arrived. Amazon customer service have reordered but it won't be here until 31st Oct. Lesson learnt-never again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

My deliveries from Amazon were very slow earlier this year but after I complained about a delivery going missing, everything I have ordered from them since has been very prompt. They are all sealed with "Amazon Prime" tape too despite me not being a member.

Advertisement