Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a Tapas restuarant opening in Tramore

Options
  • 17-10-2015 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me is there a Tapas restuarant opening in Tramore? Is so when is it opening Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

New restaurant opening on queen st. opposite the vic.. Best of luck to them. Opening start of next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

That new restaurant is to be called Source and I am hearing that while there is to be a full menu, they will have a lot of starters on the menu in order to provide a tapas style dining option for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh sounds nice, I really do like the starter/taster approach to dining!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

scout353 wrote: »
    That new restaurant is to be called Source and I am hearing that while there is to be a full menu, they will have a lot of starters on the menu in order to provide a tapas style dining option for people.
    The guys that were the chefs in Momo are opening a restaurant in Tramore, so I'm guessing it's them. Good track record, if it's them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

So went to Source a couple of weekends ago - booked it on a Thursday and got a table for 2 on a Saturday night.

For those of you who remember Sage there, it is very similar in layout but is infinitely warmer! (a major complaint at Sages)

Menu is tipped in favour of starters (for the tapas option, I presume). Prices are around €7 - €10.

I opted for the mussels which were ok but portion was small. Herself opted for the wild mushrooms which came like a bruschetta on two pieces of toast, Again size very small but very tasty.

For mains we both opted for the rib eye steak from the main menu - they were both cooked to perfection and came with mushrooms and onions a choice of one side (veg, onions, chips, colcannon etc) extra sides were €4. All very tasty!

Wine list ranged from €22 to €45 if memory serves and we had a bottle of red for €22 which was very drinkable.

Overall, the price for 2 was just over €80 and while there were a few niggles, I would return!

• Advertisement
Advertisement