Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a decent mouse with built-in forward/back buttons?

Options
  • 17-10-2015 8:36pm

Howdy folks.

I'm currently using This mouse, which I got in Argos many, many moons ago.

It's served me well, but I fear it shalln't last forever. I can't seem the find the same one again (except that Amazon one, but that's no longer available, so...).

Pretty much, if you look at that mouse on amazon, in the pic you can see a red linear button on the side. There is one of these on the other side of the mouse, too, and they act as 'back' and 'forward' page buttons (ie; if I want out of this page to the previous page, instead of having to go to the top corner of the screen and press the 'back' arrow, i just tap the red button on the mouse).

Extremely handy, and I've used it for so long that I dread losing it. Despite this great feature, I'm having a tough time finding any other mouses that also do it?

Can anyone tell me if this 'feature' has a name or such? or does anyone know of any mouse that also has the same thing?

I know it's a silly question and a little trivial, but it's a great little feature and I'd like to get it again.

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Most 5 or 7 button mouse's will be customisable and allow you to change what the buttons do.

I've a Perixx M300 or something that was €15 that allows me to do that anyways, its go a program for customising it

Most 5 or 7 button mouse's will be customisable and allow you to change what the buttons do.

I've a Perixx M300 or something that was €15 that allows me to do that anyways, its go a program for customising it

Just googled that mouse. Looks pretty cool. Can you adjust the PC volume using mouse buttons? That'd be a handy little thing to do..?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Loads of mice have them, just not really cheapo ones. Some use two buttons for the left thumb, others like yours.

Currently I'm using this but its discontinued and the amazon price is crazy.

mk_wm5000_ci.jpg

Got one of these free, "Wireless Mouse 5000". The MX Master/Performance are the top dogs but expensive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I have the older version of this mouse which I really like. Looking through the Razer software you can configure the side buttons for volume control.
    365949.png
    But I would say that most mice with the additional buttons can be configured in such a way too!

Nick

Advertisement