Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 & Point ID Sensors

Options
  • 17-10-2015 8:52pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm adding HKC Point ID Sensors (ones with a bump on the side, possibly an older version) to my HKC 1070 panel.

Connected the data cable to Z5 and configured that zone for Point ID. Powered 12v + and - and they lit up in Engineer mode.

Added point id sensors by running through each opening and closing the tamper and set them as Alarm.

Went to set the system and it said P50-54. Closed the door contact on P52 and then P50,51,53,54 were open.
    There's no contacts and they're all looped.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there anything wired out of the inputs on any of these devices?
    Are all the sensor heads orientated correctly with the arrow up.
    We stopped using these devices a long time ago. Never found them very reliable TBH.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is there anything wired out of the inputs on any of these devices?
    Are all the sensor heads orientated correctly with the arrow up.
    We stopped using these devices a long time ago. Never found them very reliable TBH.

Only one has a wired contact on it and that is the one that works fine when the door is closed. The rest have closed loops.

The other ones with no contacts show as open even through they're looped to close them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And are there internal reeds that are enabled?
    After that check all the sensor heads.

And are there internal reeds that are enabled?
    After that check all the sensor heads.

There's no internal reeds. Might try reidentifying them

Sensor heads all definitely right?

• Advertisement

Sensor heads all definitely right?

I'll look again at the weekend. I'm assuming they don't have to be at a certain angle? They're on their side at the moment.
    The one that's not showing open is not on its side.

The arrow must be pointed up.

Advertisement