Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys, incorrect billing date

Options
  • 17-10-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I bought item on Currys website (the item had a cash back promotion by manufacturer, it was the last day of promotion period). The item was delivered 8 days later (which is a joke, spent a good few bob, still had to pay for delivery). The item has the invoice dated 5 days later to the date when I had bought originally. Manufacturer keep refusing me, need an invoice within the period, Currys having deaf ears, won't listen at all. It's about 80 euros, Currys offered me 40 instead of providing me the right proof of purchase. I don't know what to do now? This one left a bitter taste, I won't go near either to Currys or Sony in the future!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

padyjoe wrote: »
    I bought item on Currys website (the item had a cash back promotion by manufacturer, it was the last day of promotion period). The item was delivered 8 days later (which is a joke, spent a good few bob, still had to pay for delivery). The item has the invoice dated 5 days later to the date when I had bought originally. Manufacturer keep refusing me, need an invoice within the period, Currys having deaf ears, won't listen at all. It's about 80 euros, Currys offered me 40 instead of providing me the right proof of purchase. I don't know what to do now? This one left a bitter taste, I won't go near either to Currys or Sony in the future!

Credit card receipt/bank statement should be sufficient provided the balance was taken immediately. Note that some companies accept the order and only charge your card the next day or a few days later before shipping the product.

Does the manufacturer have a Facebook/Twitter page by any chance? Maybe post a screenshot of the confirmation email you got on their page. It will be a bit of bad publicity for them and they'll just give in and pay you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Great idea! Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Does the manufacturer have a Facebook/Twitter page by any chance? Maybe post a screenshot of the confirmation email you got on their page. It will be a bit of bad publicity for them and they'll just give in and pay you.

Facebook terrorism is never the way to go - it makes you look a dick.

This issue is solely to do with currys. The company operating the cash back on behalf of the manufacturer are simply following the clear terms and conditions.

The op bought from currys, and any remedy must come from currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I'm maybe not clear on this. I had looked up the cash back on the manufacturer website. It included Currys online, so I gave it a go. The claim had to be submitted on the manufacturer website as well. In the t&cs says confirmation email won't be accepted. What I don't get my head around, the invoice I have is on 11th but I had sent my bank statement to Sony which showing my card was debited on 14th but has the 6th that's the date of sale. And they don't want to believe me. I think I take it to social media because it's a genuine claim. I hadn't had much response from Currys until I went to twitter. I try to be polite though. Great camera what I got but factored in the cash back. If there had not been I wouldn't have bought it!

Advertisement