Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone & broadband out over a week now!

Options
  • 18-10-2015 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

We and other houses in the area have logged a fault since 8 th october at least 10 days ago.
    One of our neighbours has informed us Eir said the problem is due to ducting at Millenium roundabout in Sallins where road works are taking place, considering its 2 miles away, we feel the problem is closer to home. As the council had contractors on our road on the day the phone was out. According to yourselves we are told to expect service back AFTER NOVEMBER 5TH.
    So in the mean time
    Our first issue to find out exactly when you will work on it to locate the exact problem?
    What alternative arrangements are you putting in place as regards broadband/wifi
    What compensation can we expect as phone rental is paid in advance
    Im sure if you look up Sallins you should locate the fault but we are anxious to solve the this as everyone relies heavily on broadband now.
    Looking forward to your reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

We and other houses in the area have logged a fault since 8 th october at least 10 days ago.
    One of our neighbours has informed us Eir said the problem is due to ducting at Millenium roundabout in Sallins where road works are taking place, considering its 2 miles away, we feel the problem is closer to home. As the council had contractors on our road on the day the phone was out. According to yourselves we are told to expect service back AFTER NOVEMBER 5TH.
    So in the mean time
    Our first issue to find out exactly when you will work on it to locate the exact problem?
    What alternative arrangements are you putting in place as regards broadband/wifi
    What compensation can we expect as phone rental is paid in advance
    Im sure if you look up Sallins you should locate the fault but we are anxious to solve the this as everyone relies heavily on broadband now.
    Looking forward to your reply.
    Hi bangonthedoor

I'm sorry to hear of this and apologies for such a long forecasted date for restoration. In such cases where such a long wait is expected it's likely planning permission from the local council is required but if you would like to PM me your fault reference number I'll take a look in to that.

There is no alternative arrangement organised for broadband/wifi - this is ultimately left to your responsibility. As per eir terms and conditions there is no service offering for alternative arrangements for the duration of technical issues. In regards to compensations, the USO (universal service obligation) drawn up by COMREG ( the regulator) rule that, Quote: *[font=Times New Roman","serif] if eircom fails to clear faults within 2 working days customers can claim the [/font][font=Times New Roman","serif]equivalent of two months line rental. - See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp#sthash.CplnJH9e.dpuf[/font]

- There is no similar compensation regulations or agreement for broadband.

I will be unable to offer you details on where the fault is located as ultimately it's internal infrastructural informaition on eirs own network however I can assure you that there is absolutely no reason for eir to make anything up or purposely offer you the wrong information on this.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement