Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad updating apps wants password for obsolete itunes account

• 18-10-2015 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

My parents were recently visiting from Australia. While they were here I updated their iPad to iOS 9 and also connected the iPad to my laptop and used itunes but I didn't actually sync the ipad (at least, not to the best of my knowledge).

I've just now had a phone call that when they try to update an app, that it is asking for the password for my apple ID, however this is an ID that has be obsolete for 12months (as I changed my email address and updated my apple ID to reflect this). So obviously the password isn't working and when we try to verify the account it doesn't work because that account essentially doesn't exisit anymore.

In the icloud, app store and itunes on the ipad it is correctly signed in with my mum's apple ID. Does anyone know why it is asking for this old apple ID and how we can work around it to update apps? The easiest way may be just to delete the apps and download them again, but trying to find another way.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They might just need to log out and back into their own iTunes account in Settings > iTunes and App Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks, just rang them and tried that - no luck, still wants to sign in / verify with my old apple ID

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is it only for one app or for all of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

all that need updating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Have they changed country for the store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Any apps that were put back on to the iPad after updating that were also in your iTunes will be from your account. Just tell them to delete each app that there's a problem with and download it again.

Advertisement