Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delid 3570K

Options
  • 18-10-2015 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hello all,

I attempted a delid on a 3570K earlier this year using the Razor blade method unfortunately due to an injury in my left wrist I had twitched at the wrong moment and now the chip is on my keyring :D

Anyway I purchased another recently and wish to have it delidded would there be anyone in the audience willing to do this for me?Unfortunately I dont have a vice and Im not willing to pay the 50+ euro the overcharging hardware stores want for one so I turn to you the excellent Boards PC community, for a bit of help if possible.

The CPU is not the greatest of overclockers however the disparity between the cores in regards to temperatures needs to be addressed (nearly 20c between Core#0 and Core#1(88c/69c) when oc'd to 4.4@1.35v using Noctua NH-U12s) anybody willing and able to give me a hand? I am based around Dublin 14 however I will travel if someone can help, thanks for reading

P.S. I have mounted and re-mounted the cooler many times and the results are always the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭JCW

Anybody feeling adventurous?What would it take to convince one of you fine fellows to give me a dig out here? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, CEX actually sell E2180's for 50c last time I checked. Perfect practice (and an absolute animal of an overclocker as well, can almost get 100% on it, for practice also!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

You can borrow the vice i used to delid my 4670k if any use to you.
    I'll be around over the weekend and I'm in D.16 if that helps.

Advertisement