Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of white bird is this?

Options
  • 18-10-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Any ideas what this bird is? Found it walking down our lane this morning. First I thought it was a dove from a distance but as I got closer I thought it was a duck.

It hunched down as I got really close to it but as I tried to take out the phone it started to take off down the lane. Looked like a small pheasant as we have some that are around the area but never seen a white one before.

ht*tps://goo.gl/photos/82bFxdRLZEV6s5iC9

Remove * from ht*tps to see the image

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

It looks like a gamebird of some sort - maybe a pheasant or possibly even a chicken? Not a typical wild bird anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

It looks like a gamebird of some sort - maybe a pheasant or possibly even a chicken? Not a typical wild bird anyway.

Agreed, it might possibly be an immature albino pheasant

Advertisement