Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best nail colour for 3 week durability

Options
  • 18-10-2015 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I've got shellac done a few times and find it great and long lasting except my nails grow quite quickly so the regrowth looks funny with very dark colours.
    Any recommendations of Colour you ladies find good as its growing out?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I've the same problem. There's a deep purple shade I sometimes get, which I love, but it looks crap towards the end of the three weeks.

I sometimes get a nice shade of cream. Something like this. It's not one I'd pick out in the chemist myself ... but it actually works quite well, and isn't as noticeable when it grows out.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I think OPI 3 week polish is the best for durability,after that gelish. S

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Stick to pale pinks or nude shades if you don't want to see a noticeable one otherwise, purchase the matching nail varnish to top up near the cuticle area.

OPI and Gelish sell matching polish otherwise find a cheapy polish that is a decent match and paint over the Shellac. It won't look perfect but it will be less obvious than a couple of millimetres of regrowth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I always paint over them when it starts to grow out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Vinylux sells the same colour polish as shellac so that might be an option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

A medium flat pink, not pearly or shimmery. Easy to patch over with ordinary commercial polish, doesn't show too obviously when growing out, and suits any occasion.

Advertisement