Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITV - Unforgotten [** SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭RuPi

Such a good ending, hadn’t started watching the show until over a month ago and then binged through all the previous series and got caught up with this one.

On his Twitter Sanjeev posted what had been packed in Sunny’s backpack for the last episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

That was a heartbreaking episode.
    Obviously Cassie's death, her voicemail to her father, and Sunny's speech were all deeply poignant, but also Dean desperately trying and failing to escape his past.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gem16

I dunno was I just extra emotional today anyway but I was a bit of a mess too at the end! Great show, off to check Sunny's backpack now heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That was a heartbreaking episode.
    Obviously Cassie's death, her voicemail to her father, and Sunny's speech were all deeply poignant, but also Dean desperately trying and failing to escape his past.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Rob I am guessing? Maybe it was easier to store so the body couldn't be identified? No idea why he didn't dump it etc but I suppose it can't cover every detail in so few episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭OldRio

The scene with Peter Egan, who I remember well from 'ever decreasing circles' on the phone was rather poignant. Writing and acting of the highest level.

Spoilers tag added - thanks Mods

More open chat allowed on it now I think

One of my first thoughts when I woke up was "wow, I can't believe they did that in Unforgotten"

Amazing TV that deserves as much attention and viewers as Line Of Duty

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

ITV twitter says that there'll be a 5th series. Sunny will have a new partner.

ITV twitter says that there'll be a 5th series. Sunny will have a new partner.
    Ohhh
    Brilliant.
    Keeley Hawes gets my vote for replacement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

A theme in every series is people trying to outrun their past, all living 'new' lives with that shadow of still hovering somewhere in the background. Then with the arrival of Cassie and Sunny and the team, characters realise the shadow has caught up with them. They try damage limitation. It was so well done by each character in series 4, the stories they were telling their families and loved ones.

I felt for Ram too, in a strange way, when he broke down in the station. He tried to do the right thing on the night, yet realised so early on that the others would all blame him if it ever came out. That realisation shaped his life and all the choices he made after that, attack as the best form of defence.

Was all of Dean's income from illegal drugs or was he ever a legit businessman? Did he resort to shipping drugs to raise money for Jack? I couldn't follow that bit.

My theory is that Rob kept the body, he may have been thinking about blackmailing the others but eventually his life got too chaotic and he didn't bother dealing with it.

Cassie's dad and the voicemail was heartbreaking. Also Matthew's son meeting his uncle, so well done.

I wonder who will look after Eileen now?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Only watched this from a recommendation in the Line of Duty thread!
    I'm glad I did.
    Binged first three series on Netflix, then series 4 and 5 out of 6 of current series on ITV Hub then live on ITV last night.
    It is an excellent show - love the two leads, love the premise, love the backstories and the ultimate unravelling.
    The guest actors every series have been high quality - special mention to Frances Tomelty in Series 1.
    PS I blubbed a bit at the end and I'm as cynical as they come ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Support cast are fantastic also. Alex Jennings was great in the series based around the New Years Eve murder. He's great in everything he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭breeno

Absolutely superb television I have to say. Sad to see Cassie go. As others have said, some of the acting from the suspects over the various series has been outstanding. I love line of duty but some of the acting and lines are like something out of a pantomime at times. This was just so well written, acted and produced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭CoBo55

gmisk wrote: »
    Ohhh
    Brilliant.

Maybe Nicola Walker will be back like she was in River. No harm in hoping is there??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭OldRio

Radio5 wrote: »
    A theme in every series is people trying to outrun their past, all living 'new' lives with that shadow of still hovering somewhere in the background. Then with the arrival of Cassie and Sunny and the team, characters realise the shadow has caught up with them. They try damage limitation. It was so well done by each character in series 4, the stories they were telling their families and loved ones.

I felt for Ram too, in a strange way, when he broke down in the station. He tried to do the right thing on the night, yet realised so early on that the others would all blame him if it ever came out. That realisation shaped his life and all the choices he made after that, attack as the best form of defence.

Was all of Dean's income from illegal drugs or was he ever a legit businessman? Did he resort to shipping drugs to raise money for Jack? I couldn't follow that bit.

My theory is that Rob kept the body, he may have been thinking about blackmailing the others but eventually his life got too chaotic and he didn't bother dealing with it.

Cassie's dad and the voicemail was heartbreaking. Also Matthew's son meeting his uncle, so well done.

I wonder who will look after Eileen now?!

Getting the viewer to feel empathy for all of the suspects takes some doing in both the acting and writing.
    I felt sorry for them all and I'm a cynical old b#####x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I was thinking this last night, she is the only one that could come close to matching Nicola Walker.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Alex Jennings was great in the series based around the New Years Eve murder.

Best performance of all the 4 seasons for me

Chilling

Cassie's Dad (Peter Egan) has that gravitas about him that it felt like I'd seen him in many shows before

But when I checked his Wiki page, of all the shows listed I'd only previously seen hm in a small role in Ricky Gervais' "After Life"

He nailed his role in Unforgotten

She's excellent but there's only so many actors and actresses appearing in Unforgotten and LOD as well before it starts to look silly

I'm surprised it's coming back for Season 5 tbh. Last night's ending gave it a perfect full stop

I wonder then, was it Nicola Walker's choice to leave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I can't believe Cas is gone.

From the very first episode of the first season Cas would stress the importance of what they were doing to her team. That they may have to upset people when trying to identifying the victim, raising hopes of families who had spent decades wondering what happened to their loved ones and craving some sort of closure.

That Nicola Walker could deliver lines like that so sincerely and honestly is was made me love Cas, I could see other actors struggling not to veer into triteness or preaching with similar lines.

And then the slow decay of Cas' mental fragility, the emotional struggle to deal with those cases - it was very well done.

RIP Cas, you were amazing too watch for four seasons

On a sidenote I do struggle to see how it can carry on without her but I'll reserve judgement till next season

She's excellent but there's only so many actors and actresses appearing in Unforgotten and LOD as well before it starts to look silly

I'm surprised it's coming back for Season 5 tbh. Last night's ending gave it a perfect full stop

I wonder then, was it Nicola Walker's choice to leave?
    Oh one other person people are mentioning online....Maxine Peake! She would be brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Season 4?

Where can I watch this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Cassie's Dad (Peter Egan) has that gravitas about him that it felt like I'd seen him in many shows before

But when I checked his Wiki page, of all the shows listed I'd only previously seen hm in a small role in Ricky Gervais' "After Life"

He nailed his role in Unforgotten

In those final scenes, he really sold the utter heartbreak of loosing Cass. He'll probably end of torturing himself by listening to that voicemail over and over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

In those final scenes, he really sold the utter heartbreak of loosing Cass. He'll probably end of torturing himself by listening to that voicemail over and over again.

True
    Hell probably blame himself for her death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

walshb wrote: »
    Season 4?

Where can I watch this?
    Immediately I'm not sure but it should find its way into Netflix in the next while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

walshb wrote: »
    Season 4?

Where can I watch this?
    I have it on LTQ on Amazon firestick, not sure if there's ITV online available here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

the scene where sanjeev entered the hospital just after they got the news on cassie ,and he said .."oh no" i really wanted him to use foul language "oh no,oh please fcuking no" ..because thats what i was feeling haha,and from him,it would have felt so real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I've started rewatching Touching Evil, with a young Nicola Walker. It's a lot more melodramatic than Unforgotten and a bit dated, but well worth a look when waiting for season 5 :)
    Ian McDiarmid (Emperor Palpatine) is a horribly creepy villain in the first one <shiver>
    I found the episodes on Daily Motion.

Advertisement