Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do colleges provide references

• 18-10-2015 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

I had an interview over the weekend for a part time job.

Would the college provide references off my record for a part time job.

I wouldn't know any lecturers out of college, so would careers help me out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

I doubt the college itself could, aside from providing a transcript to show you studied there from 20XX to 20XX.

How about approaching a year/course coordinator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I went to get one today. The careers office couldn't, a lecturer couldn't so i was told to contact the module director.
    She's a lovely woman, so hopefully I get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

It's much the same set up for company references nowadays - HR departments tend to only provide a bare bones "Johnny was employed as an X from Y to Z" reference, if you require a personal reference you have to get someone who knew you personally and worked with you to vouch for you.

Fingers crossed the module director will be able to work something out for you anyway.

Advertisement