Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert history research topic... help!

Options
  • 18-10-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm at my wits ends trying to come up with a research topic that my teacher will okay... all my suggestions so far always have 'a problem' with them, and finding sources is a complete pain in the arse :( I've already suggested the June rebellion in paris, 1832 (spot the les mis fan...( and the role of princess elizabeth second in ww2 ('not enough sources'). I'm really not too enthused about doing something boring like the life of churchill or some crap :/ i wanted to do something a bit different or interesting but i'm having trouble... suggestions? What have past students done? What are current students doing? any help with where i can find sources? anything at all at this stage is soooo soo welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Instead of Elizabeth specifically, you could do the Royal family in general and how their behaviour (perceived or actual) during the war ushered in a whole new level of respect from the 'ordinary' folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mdevlar15

okay happy days i seem to have found a topic she things is okay- bonnie and clyde. Anyone who's done these two before have any advice for me? I've still to pick an angle and sources but im almost 100% certain im going to do this now. although it could be hard enough to find sources for :( i lowkey hate this stupid essay thing now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

mdevlar15 wrote: »
    I'm at my wits ends trying to come up with a research topic that my teacher will okay... all my suggestions so far always have 'a problem' with them, and finding sources is a complete pain in the arse :( I've already suggested the June rebellion in paris, 1832 (spot the les mis fan...( and the role of princess elizabeth second in ww2 ('not enough sources'). I'm really not too enthused about doing something boring like the life of churchill or some crap :/ i wanted to do something a bit different or interesting but i'm having trouble... suggestions? What have past students done? What are current students doing? any help with where i can find sources? anything at all at this stage is soooo soo welcome...
    try here - you might find something interesting here - it includes some sources for different topics

http://leavingcerthistory.net/

Advertisement