Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using their 10/22 past 150-200 meters ?

Options
  • 18-10-2015 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

As the title says .... anyone using their 10/22 past 150 meters ?

If so whats optics/mods are you running ?

Cheers.

GH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I've the target tactical model only mods was I switched the recoil buffer for a nylon one and lightened the trigger a little. was shooting a shotgun shell at 200 yards and took a couple of rabbits just beyond that. Also brought it out to 440 yards turret dialed up to max and bottom post of reticle to some decent accuracy. I was using CCI mini mags.
    Another poster on here was with me and he had similar accuracy with a rimfire magic chassis.
    We both had Falcon Optics M18 scopes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

I've the target tactical model only mods was I switched the recoil buffer for a nylon one and lightened the trigger a little. was shooting a shotgun shell at 200 yards and took a couple of rabbits just beyond that. Also brought it out to 440 yards turret dialed up to max and bottom post of reticle to some decent accuracy. I was using CCI mini mags.
    Another poster on here was with me and he had similar accuracy with a rimfire magic chassis.
    We both had Falcon Optics M18 scopes

In the process of getting a 10/22 tactical so im open to suggestions on a scope....

Was thinking about a 15 moa rail too

Should have said my scope is sitting on a EGW 20 MOA rail. can't praise the tactical model enough another lad I know shot a rabbit only today at 215 yards with the tactical he has a vortex cross fire on his one

The Falcon M18 4-18x44 FFP suits it down to the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

What sort of group size would you hope to get at 150m or beyond? My bog standard struggled to do 5cm at 50m. I wouldn't trust a 10/22 to do rabbits humanely at 150m, thats hmr territory or wmr maybe.
    A fully tricked out 10/22 is an impressive gun if you dont mind pouring cash into the project. Don't know what they are like at 150+m though.

• Advertisement

wasn't shooting paper so can't really comment on group size but we hit the shotgun shell as often as not at 200 and the sand kicked up around it with the missed shots were dam close to it

ps I can put 10 rounds about the size of a 20cent coin at 50 meters

Advertisement