Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas play wanted

Options
  • 18-10-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, I'm organizing a Christmas fair in a sports hall which has a stage and thought it would be nice if someone would come and perform a short play. or a sing song. if you know of anyone please pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Fyui, all the local choirs receive far more "please come and sing [for free] at our Christmas event" requests than they can possibly accept. (No one ever puts the "for free" bit into their request, but it's pretty much implicit."

You could try contacting the local drama groups directly and asking them - but like choirs, I'd expect that they have their plans for the rest of the year well set out by now - and they'd likely be nervous about "ahh, it's a sports hall with a stage", because that tells them nothing about back-stage areas etc.

One option might be church-based youth groups, if that's the kind of vibe you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Is it to raise money for a charity? If it is then choirs etc would be more likely to help out.

Advertisement