Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting PC Cases Delivered Through Parcel Motel

Options
  • 19-10-2015 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hey
    Has anyone experience in getting cases shipped to Ireland via parcel Motel?
    Looking at a mid-sized case but I'm not sure will it actually fit in a PM locker. Especially when it's hard to know if the case box will be put into an even bigger box for shipping.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Pizzle wrote: »
    Hey
    Has anyone experience in getting cases shipped to Ireland via parcel Motel?
    Looking at a mid-sized case but I'm not sure will it actually fit in a PM locker. Especially when it's hard to know if the case box will be put into an even bigger box for shipping.

The largest locker is 41 × 38 × 64. If your case fits those dimensions, it should work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I considered it at one point but think that unless it's m-atx case it's unlikely to fit and then you either pay extra to get it sent to work/home or go to your nearest depot plus the extra cost. I would check the packaged size and see if it'd even fit without extra packaging just to get an idea of how tight you'd be for space because if it doesn't fit the savings you would have made will be obliterated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I'd just use Amazon's free shipping for the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

game4it70 wrote: »
    I'd just use Amazon's free shipping for the case.

Computer Universe only charge €12 for P+P

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Thanks all. Will try to avoid Parcel Motel for the case so.

I need to get a few other small bits on amazon so will buy the case through them. Ends up being similar in price to computer universe. Just a pain that they will more than likely try to deliver it after I've left for work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Pizzle wrote: »
    Just a pain that they will more than likely try to deliver it after I've left for work!

Is your work strict about receiving deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

syklops wrote: »
    The largest locker is 41 × 38 × 64. If your case fits those dimensions, it should work fine.

If your problem is just getting it to Dublin, Parcelmotel will deliver oversized to their depot over by Dublin Airport (though it costs €7 and is a pain if you don't want to drive over). Collection times are 9:00-21:00.

(I found out the hard way as Amazon don't always give package dimensions. Just product dimensions)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Parcel Motel now offer a direct to your door delivery option for €7ish if that's any good to you? You can choose it from the preferred location in your account.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Just ordered one myself, once its under 55kg then itll only cost u 7 euro and you have to pick it up from the depot. Luckily for me I live across the road :P Id say any size case apart from ITX would have to go to the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Thanks for responses guys. Ordered through Amazon and will hopefully be around tomorrow whenever it arrives. Work aren't too happy when people get packages delivered here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement