Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer build help request

Options
  • 19-10-2015 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? [€1000]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming- Arma3, Dayz, Bf4, SW:BF3. Various other demanding games.
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No] No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [I have a 600w PSU, 1 TB 3.5 inch HDD, 2x Samsung SSD, 1 is a 480 GB other is 120GB, I also have a nVidia Geforce 970 (Evga)]

5. Do you need a monitor? B]No[/B

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1200.] B]Yes[/B Ideally to a 4k Monitor in the future.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? B]No[/B

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? B]Yes[/B

8. How can you pay? [Visa Debit]

9. When are you purchasing? [In 30-60 days]

Edit: Sorry that I forgot to include the budget in the title ! if a mod could edit it that would be great ! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 4690k €230
    H81M board €60
    Case €70
    1tb HDD €50
    250gb SSD €90
    GTX970 €350
    8gb DDR3 €40
    500w PSU €70
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo €30
    Total €990 I think

Prices from mindfactory.de, computeruniverse is another cheap site.

This'll push 4k content but won't be able to game at 4k

Any questions ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

i5 4690k €230
    H81M board €60
    Case €70
    1tb HDD €50
    250gb SSD €90
    GTX970 €350
    8gb DDR3 €40
    500w PSU €70
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo €30
    Total €990 I think

Prices from mindfactory.de, computeruniverse is another cheap site.

This'll push 4k content but won't be able to game at 4k

Any questions ask away.

I had the same thing posted until I saw:
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [I have a 600w PSU, 1 TB 3.5 inch HDD, 2x Samsung SSD, 1 is a 480 GB other is 120GB, I also have a nVidia Geforce 970 (Evga)]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I have a 600w PSU, 1 TB 3.5 inch HDD, 2x Samsung SSD, 1 is a 480 GB other is 120GB, I also have a nVidia Geforce 970 (Evga)

Didn't show up on the touch site, I'll edit my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skykes

Yep, I already have some nice parts left over, I'm looking to either go for a SLI 970s or else get a 980/980TI for 4k.

I was also hoping to get a watercooling setup, it would help with overclocking a lot(which Arma3/Dayz need).

So my main upgrade areas are ram (I have 16GB at 1666 mhz) but I would like to get some faster ram. 16 GB is still fine. CPU, motherboard. I forgot to say I already have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, although if I am doing watercooling I guess I won't need this? I'v never setup watercooling before so I'm not sure on the specfics.

Basically I want to spend 1000 to upgrade as much as possible with focus on CPU, GPU, Ram, Watercooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

This would be a good place to start with watercooling in regards to the different options etc...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1755-water-cooling-101-a-good-place-for-newbies-to-start/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Some thoughts:
    Yep, I already have some nice parts left over, I'm looking to either go for a SLI 970s or else get a 980/980TI for 4k.
    4K gaming setups at the moment aren't really economic at all and your probably best saving your money for at least another year as you will need at least SLI 980's for Ultra settings on most games. Maybe consider buying a 1440p monitor which your current 970 will work fine for 2 or so years.
    I was also hoping to get a watercooling setup, it would help with overclocking a lot(which Arma3/Dayz need).

Are Arma3 / DayZ that badly optimized that they are CPU bound? I would have though this might only be an issue for the host of the lobby if even at all?
    So my main upgrade areas are ram (I have 16GB at 1666 mhz) but I would like to get some faster ram. 16 GB is still fine. CPU, motherboard.

Commercial applications defiantly get a performance increase with faster RAM (DDR4) but this is unlikely to be the case in most games especially the games you've listed.

Maybe if you give information with what your not happy with in your build and what you want to improve in the experience.
    Ideally to a 4k Monitor in the future.

Maybe buying the monitor first would be a better option as putting any more money into your PC will get you little to no gain without first getting something to view it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skykes

There's no rush on a 4k Monitor, the main thing I want is a new case, new CPU, watercooling. Ram and a new GPU are entirely optional.

What's the best processor I can get for about 300-600 euro?

Advertisement