Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Transfer

Options
  • 19-10-2015 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

I've sold a car online and the buyer wishes to do a money transfer to my account. Can this be done without giving them account number etc? If not, is it secure to do so?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Agricola wrote: »
    I've sold a car online and the buyer wishes to do a money transfer to my account. Can this be done without giving them account number etc? If not, is it secure to do so?

Thanks
    Good Morning Agricola,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

You do need to be careful when selling online, we have some security advice here which also covers buying and selling online. It's also possible to use a reputable third-party payment service to accept or send payments without having to disclose your bank account information.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement