Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newish PC not powering up all of a sudden....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭JCW

Fieldog wrote: »
    She's all go now, but minus the front fan nearest the power switch and front USB port?

Seems when I connect (see PIC 1) to the power supply one (PIC 2) she won't start at all!?

I'm wondering is the adapter thingy fecked now?

And if it is, surely if I swap the spare I now have from the side one over hopefully we will be back in action, that's the next step anyway... :)

It's possible that PSU cannot supply enough amps to power everthing but im not sure about that, also in regards to the USB you dont seem to have connected the USB3.0

14t4ys2.jpg

qqeiic.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Always wondered about the USB 3 thingy, as we put it together initially, my mate said its only for USB 3 from the front ports, didn't really have anyrhing USB 3 to use for it, hence why I never connected it up!

He told me I have a heap of them at the back of the Mobo should needs be.... :)

All 3 of them fans always did work off the bat though - and with kids using it for modding Skyrim etc I obviously didn't want it to melt...

Suppose Santy should have got them that Xbox One last Xmas... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fieldog wrote: »
    Always wondered about the USB 3 thingy, as we put it together initially, my mate said its only for USB 3 from the front ports, didn't really have anyrhing USB 3 to use for it, hence why I never connected it up!

He told me I have a heap of them at the back of the Mobo should needs be.... :)

All 3 of them fans always did work off the bat though - and with kids using it for modding Skyrim etc I obviously didn't want it to melt...

Suppose Santy should have got them that Xbox One last Xmas... :/

Edit : Scrap that, Santy still ain't getting them an Xbox One for Xmas!

She's back, front fan and all, must have been the connector gone wonky...

I think Santy will want to bring a 4690K i5 instead.... ;)

Advertisement