Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starwars 2015 - Cinema Choice Discussion Only - No Spoilers

Options
  • 19-10-2015 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭

Where best in Dublin see the film in December..?

Tickets went on sale today.

Odeon at the Point is very pricey - at between 15 and 17.50 Euros (depending on seat 2D/3D). Never been - is it worth it?

Not mad on Blanchardstown - always seems to be blurry or very low quality imprints past few times I went (plus they leave the lights on the main isense cinema - health and safety). 3D is always pretty poor there.

Dundrum is always great - 2D and 3D.

Savoy is only 7 euros (2D) havnt been in a while - but remember it being a very nice cinema

What you think?

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Lighthouse tbh. It's the best cinema in Dublin by a long, long way.

No scrotes with phones constantly lighting up, no scumbags talking constantly through films, nobody being a mad bastard throwing popcorn around like a prick - comfortable seats, properly soundproofed rooms, polite staff and you can even get a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

This is a very good question. I am home for Xmas and would be good to know where best to go.

Was just going to ask will Lighthouse be showing it but yes in 3D (and 2D, yay)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Is there anywhere showing it at like midnight or whatever the day it comes out, preferably in 2D?
    My partner is *dying* to see it, I'd love to bring him to one of the first showings in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Its in the odeon point village at midnight... was having a look see what was available there this morning but the booking site was in meltdown mode.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Its in the odeon point village at midnight... was tying to get tickets there this morning but the booking site was in meltdown mode.

Oh thanks - that's a 10 minute walk from my gaff, would be great if I could get tickets!

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »
    Its in the odeon point village at midnight... was having a look see what was available there this morning but the booking site was in meltdown mode.

ozmo - thanks so much, I rang Himself and he legged round in person to the Odeon Point Village and got 2 tickets for the midnight showing in 2D.

I got major points for the tipoff so cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Got a ticked for the lighthouse party http://www.lighthousecinema.ie/newsarticle.php?sec=NEWS&_aid=8550

been shown 24 hours before anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Lighthouse for me.Cineworld is full of noisy bastid's.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Omniplex in Rathmines is great since they expanded. Screen 1 is very large and has a great sound system and comfy seats and no scrotes!

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Whats people opinion ? 2D or 3D and why?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Omniplex in Rathmines is great since they expanded. Screen 1 is very large and has a great sound system and comfy seats and no scrotes!

I don't agree. Every time I've been to a screening in Rathmines there have been dickheads in the screens. Most recently on Friday at Crimson Peak there were a shower of arseholes laughing and talking all the way through. They were too far away from me for me to be able to shush them.

Last film I'll watch there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    I don't agree. Every time I've been to a screening in Rathmines there have been dickheads in the screens. Most recently on Friday at Crimson Peak there were a shower of arseholes laughing and talking all the way through. They were too far away from me for me to be able to shush them.

Last film I'll watch there.
    Same. We go regular to the swan, 9 times out of 10 the film is ruined by twats

• Registered Users Posts: 14,939 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Same. We go regular to the swan, 9 times out of 10 the film is ruined by twats

why do you keep going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

loyatemu wrote: »
    why do you keep going there?
    Because its our local cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

For a premier? Has to be Savoy without a doubt.

Booked the lighthouse in 2d. Can't go wrong for 8€

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danakin

I know it's my own fault and it's early days yet but anyone reckon there's any chance the midnight screening at the LightHouse will have any cancellations?

I'm a loyalty member there and as everyone above has said, it's the best cinema in Dublin. The SW party beforehand sounds like great fun too. Missed the tickets before they sold out because of work.

Danakin wrote: »
    I know it's my own fault and it's early days yet but anyone reckon there's any chance the midnight screening at the LightHouse will have any cancellations?

I'm a loyalty member there and as everyone above has said, it's the best cinema in Dublin. The SW party beforehand sounds like great fun too. Missed the tickets before they sold out because of work.

I'm booked for 12 o'clock.:)

Midday

Advertisement