Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a restaurant near Trinity College

Options
  • 19-10-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭

A family member will be graduating from Trinity College at the end of the month. Looking to go out for lunch/dinner afterwards so it will be afternoon. Any recommendations for somewhere close by the college. 5 adults, 1child. Mostly like typical Irish food and also Italian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What sort of price range are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Not mad expensive! But not cheap either mind as it is a special occasion. You're chatting mid range €15-€20 for main (excl steak obviously!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

A couple of quid more, and upstairs in Fallon & Byrne. Pre-theatre is 25 if I remember correctly.

Upstairs in The Drury Buildings is another option, as is Coppinger Row.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Marco Pierre White's on Dawson Street does a nice lunch menu - €21.95 for 2 courses or €26.95 for 3.

The Pig's Ear on Nassau Street has the exact same prices as MPW above for lunch.

The Farm on Dawson Street has a very reasonable lunch menu too, all mains are under €15.

Featherblade on Dawson Street is a pretty new steak restaurant that's meant to be nice. Their menu is really stripped back (steak is the only option for main course!) but it's really good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Not mad expensive! But not cheap either mind as it is a special occasion. You're chatting mid range €15-€20 for main (excl steak obviously!)

Fallon & Byrne would definitely be a nice spot love that place. Brasserie 66 would be a little bit less and still formal enough for something like this or if you prefer the Italian route then San Lorenzos. If you fancy something a little more casual and its earlier than I went to hatch & sons over the weekend and it was really good.

If you do fancy steak and have already been to MPW then Featherblade does steak and literally ONLY steak that is the only main course!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I love Pacinos on Suffolk St, very handy for Trinity too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Marcos and the Farm I'd both highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

I really like One Pico. Pichet would also be an option. Green hen would be a little cheaper but still good. Would happily eat in a number of the others mentioned above though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks all for your replies. Will have a look at a few of them tonight and consult with the others and see which the majority goes for.

Advertisement